More Food....AAACCKKK!

BarbieCarroll
on 6/3/04 10:41 am - Norcross, GA
Hey Gang! I would like to hear your plans for winning the craving war. I've been so good - until this last week or so. I've been craving all the wrong foods again - CARBS!!! I have slacked a bit on the exercise - so I got right after myself for that - but the food cravings continue. I'm eating about 6 to 7 ounces at a time and still stick to protein and veggies for the main part with a few bites of starches. But I notice that I want chips, deserts (which I DON'T eat except on rare occasion), diet coke (again only RARE occasion), SF ice cream, and all the other stuff that got me here in the first place! How are you all coping? I want to nip this in the bud and am looking for ideas. Let's hear them! Thanks y'all! Barbie 281/220/150ish
Lynn G.
on 6/3/04 12:53 pm - Branford, FL
This is OT..but you look familiar..do you work at SFCC?
Lexa321
on 6/3/04 2:35 pm - weston, FL
hay... if yuor kinda wanting something crunchy... you canmake "cheese chips" get some of teh cubes they sell at publix of whereever you shop... and put them into the microwave still they are crunchy...dont forget you can have SF pudding... try freezing it.. and then you got mabye something yummy...my dr told me i can have diet coke as long as it is flat... but what is the good of that? i dunno... i used ot be on this med. that i couldnt have carbinated drinks... cause it made my tounge burn liek ****so... i had to come off the med cause i was freakin cause i didnt have no bubbles.... ohhh try them soy chips... i dunno can you have them?
Marla S.
on 6/4/04 1:47 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
Have you tried doing protein shakes with peanut butter and banana and yogurt? I am not post-op, but it helps me when the craving****Also freeze bits of fruit is good, if you can eat fruit. I find the more protein I get in a meal, the less I want to snack. Also take a walk, call a friend, read a book, visit a friend...go to a little league game...and remember, that is head cravings...you can beat it! Marla
Luvitsunny
on 6/5/04 12:15 pm - Sunny South, FL
I don't know about winning the craving war........I have cravings but fortunately the foods are not necessarily no-no's. Every day for the last 10 days all I've wanted for lunch is 5-6 LF corn chips, melted cheese and salsa. I really enjoy BK or Wendy's chili......had some tonight. I've probably had more chili since surgery than I had all of last year. About two months after surgery I craved fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juice. -- don't have that craving any more. Still losing! I'm amazed that sweets don't tempt me at all and that was ALWAYS my weakness. Good luck in the battle with Carbs. luvitsunny
rlike1
on 6/6/04 6:11 am - Orange Park, FL
Hello! I have a recipe for chocolate mousse from the Suzanne Sommers diet I did once if you might be interested? It's basically carb free. If you can handle nutra-sweet (and the like) tasting foods, you might find this helps. It's not hard to make, just takes the mixer awhile to get it to a mousse consistency.......just let me know
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views