Delayed again!

Wildcat Lady
on 6/2/04 10:22 pm - Jacksonville, FL
My lovely PCP mentioned in passing to me about WLS, but told me I first need to have my thyroid under control. He started me out on 50 mcg and I had my blood work done only to find out that it isn't touching my thyroid! It is still around 14.5, so now I'm on 75 mcg, with bloodwork at the end of the month. Sheesh! Now I'm afraid once I get my thyroid straightened out it'll be something else! Kim
Lexa321
on 6/3/04 12:42 am - weston, FL
take it one step at a time my girl... you will do fine... better that you know this stuff now inteasd of later and have somethign happen Lexa
Wildcat Lady
on 6/3/04 1:45 am - Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Lexa! I know you're right, sometimes I just want everything now ! I am learning patience! Kim
ErikaL
on 6/3/04 1:06 am - JAX, FL
Kim, Hang in there! You have a better chance of being successful with this surgery if you get all of this taken care of now. I've already had two more medications added since I started my testing for WLS, so I know how anxious you feel. You'll get through this. If God brings you to it, he'll get you through it! Hugs, Erika L
Wildcat Lady
on 6/3/04 1:48 am - Jacksonville, FL
Erika, Thanks! I guess I am just afraid that he will end up being hesitant about writing me a letter and giving me a fit like he gave you. I hope you got your letter ok! Hugs, Kim
ErikaL
on 6/3/04 6:08 am - JAX, FL
Kim, I saw him again this afternoon. He was in a much better mood and gave me my letter. He is being supportive of the surgery now! I hope things work out for you. Erika
Marla S.
on 6/3/04 6:08 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Kim, When we were born, we had to crawl before we could walk. Have you ever watched a baby learning these tasks? Do they stop if they fall, NOPE, nor should you. Remember baby steps! You will get there. Marla
Robin B.
on 6/5/04 12:53 am - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
Hello Kim YEAH It can be frustrating, I know. The doctors are looking out for you, so rather be safe than sorry. I have had a time with my meds too, it is on this, off that, up this lower that. Even my pharmacy is confused sometimes on what I need refilled "Us" the ones going into surgery are medically necessary and so our health is crappy, Keep your chin up, take the meds, and keep on moving. You're in the right direction. Good luck, and keep us posted. Robin ~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views