HELP I need to gain 9 lbs

Marilyn A.
on 6/2/04 9:13 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Morning everyone, well I had my 1st appt with Dr. Thoburn and found I have lost 9 lbs. That puts me under the 100 lb requirements for surgery. I need HELP. What can I do to help me gain back the weight? LuAnn from Dr. Thoburn's office said she will reschedule me for my appt. once I have regained my weight to give her a call... Can anyone help? Is there something I can drink? I have been eating like normal. Here's my problem. I have recently been diagnosed with diabetis. and I am worried about any mega weight gain drink and how it will react to my diabetis. Can you help please? Please e-mail me all your suggestions @ [email protected] Thank you everyone, your help throughout this whole ordeal has been a godsend. Marilyn
Lexa321
on 6/3/04 12:45 am - weston, FL
dang... i dunno... eat eat eat and eat
HEIDI W.
on 6/3/04 1:23 am - DELTONA, FL
Hey Marilyn, You did not hear this from me, but go buy yourself some 5 pound ankle weights and wear some baggy pants, boot cut pants or sweatpants or high top sneakers in next time.....you do what you need to do....forget stuffing yourself or drinking shakes....that is contrary to what you are trying to do in the first place...wait a month and go back with ankle weights...trust me Wishing you the best
ebdrup
on 6/3/04 1:33 am - PLANT CITY, FL
I was going to suggest heavy jeans and stuff in the pockets. But Heidi W. may have an idea as far as the ankle weights go. That is silly 9 lbs and they will not do WLS. That about the BMI is it high?
Marla S.
on 6/3/04 6:14 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Guard your health first! Then get the leg wieghts, heavy jeans, stuff pockets, wear anything you have that is heavy and go for it! What the heck is 9 pounds in the over all picture? You are still in need of WLS. Marla
cmva531
on 6/3/04 5:24 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Eat Mc Donalds for the next 2 weeks believe me you'll gain it back and if you don't throw in some Baskin Robins and and candy stores that you know of in your area. Umm lets see, (start smoking) you'll gain weight that way too, OK now that one is a very very very bad example(Please be advised not good for you health) ( No offense, I smoke so don't get upset with me ok) lol but try the Mc donalds one. I really hope that you get your WLS!! Take Care Christina
Marilyn A.
on 6/3/04 8:01 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Thank you all for your help. I mostly like the ankle weights. I should have worn them from the start and an extra large purse to put them in should I have to strip to my skivies... I hate to think that I would have to stuff myself as I have tried so hard to watch what I eat since learning I am now diabetic. You all are the best and I can't thank you enough for your suggestions. I was so mad when they said this I just didn't know what to do. I think I will defiently use the ankle weights and make another appt. for next month. Thank you all again so very, very much for all your help. Marilyn
Robin B.
on 6/5/04 12:36 am - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
Marilyn, Man I wish I could bag up some of mine and send it right over ... Just remember to take care of yourself. Then, all the postings before mine sounded great, good luck. Of course keep us posted. Robin ~
Luvitsunny
on 6/5/04 12:20 pm - Sunny South, FL
Is the doctor insisting on the 100#? I was approved by the insurance being shy of the 100. I had high BP, GERD and strong family history for stroke and heart disease. Actually, the government defines (for women only) morbid obesity as being 85 pounds over ideal weight. Check into it! luvitsunny
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views