Help finding doctor in Miami area

Bonnie C.
on 3/22/10 5:01 am - Miami, FL
Hi all,

I am having a hard time deciding which doctor and plan to choose.

I have recently been approved for Florida Medicaid and at the present time have straight medicaid.  I need to choose a Plan, but I also need to make sure that the Doctor I choose takes that plan.  I would love to get some opinions.  The only doctor I've seen so far was Dr. A. Gonzalez, which his coordinator called me backed a week after I went to the seminar and told me they aren't providers for medicaid.

I live in Miami, so if you guys can give me some referrals that would really be great!  I also need a PCP since I haven't got one.  Preferably one that will have no problem giving me approval for the surgery.

I appreciate it you guys.
mrshechavarria
on 3/22/10 5:34 am - Hialeah, FL
I know Dr. Jorge Sosa accepts Medicaid/Medicare. Call his office the girls are super nice. He operates from Palmetto General Hospital his office number is 305-558-0411.

Good Luck!
Bonnie C.
on 3/22/10 6:34 am - Miami, FL
Thank you,

He is actually a one I was just researching.  If you don't mind me asking... Are you a patient of his? Did you have surgery with him?
mrshechavarria
on 3/22/10 6:46 am - Hialeah, FL
I haven't had surgery yet. However I know many people who have had surgery with him including my GYN and they have nothing but wonderful things to say. He puts it like it is and doesn't sugar coat anything. I am planning on being self-pay if I could work those things out, I will definetely be having surgery with him.
Christina238
on 3/22/10 6:55 am - Orlando, FL
 I am not sure if he takes your insurance, but please look int Dr. Perez of US Bariatrics in Ft. Lauderdale. They are AMAZING, and yes they performed my surgery.
FLGail
on 3/23/10 5:03 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi, A friend of mine in your area used Dr. Della Cruz . I know she really liked him. I dont know if he takes Medicaid.   Good Luck  Gail
kevinax
on 4/1/10 10:09 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
I think Dr Rosenthal at the Cleveland Clinic takes Medicare. You should give them a call and inquire.
Kevin

RNY 4/27/2009  Highest weight 296 Current weight 175  .!  

hellokittyapple
on 4/2/10 6:36 am - Miami, FL
I am a patient from Dr.Sosa ,  I did my Bariatric surgery a month ago and he does accepts Medicaid/Medicare. Him and his staff are great.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate in asking.

Bonnie C.
on 4/5/10 1:03 pm, edited 4/5/10 1:20 pm - Miami, FL
Thank you all for your advice.... I know this is going to be a long process especially since I will be dealing with Medicaid.  If anyone else here has Medicaid, could you tell me with which plan it is less painful to deal with through Medicaid?  I still have time to change my plan.... I currently have Molina Health and am not sure how quickly they may approve the procedure.  Also if anyone knows of a good PCP that does not have a problem referring patients for surgery.... that would be great!

Thank you all :)
Check out my blog for recipes and more
@
Bye Bye Pounds
HW-310/SW-292/CW-182/GW-160

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here