result of conference call

michelleguess
on 6/2/04 3:54 pm - Clayton, nc
Well, first let me say thanks for the support and well wishes as it means more than you know. I called Cigna this morning to review the documentation they had for the 230 call. She said they had a 80 page document and the prior denials and the original submission. I spoke directly with the person who sent the letter. I asked if they had the copies of my PCP diet visits she looked thru each page which was on the computer and read me the dates that she found and I told her each date that I had as she was looking. We briefly discussed the diet, what to expect, she said I had 10 minutes to present and then they would ask any questions they had. She was very friendly and easy to speak with. She said that I would get a letter in 5 days of their decision as it would be made after I was disconnected. Call scheduled for 230, I had everything prepared, called at 245 apologized for being late and she said I have good news, paused and said you have been approved. Based on the thourough documentation presented and you giving specific dates of records to specifically look at out of the 80 pages she said the documentation was there so the committee approved before the conf call. I was esatic! She was very nice and truly seemed excited for me also. Very nice. So, to all who are doing the 6 month diet there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. I will be having surgery in Ocala with Dr. Overcash, so anyone who has or will have with him please share your experience in hospital, what to take, what to expect, etc. Thank you all for your support and if I can be of help to anyone please feel free to contact me. Michelle-FL
ErikaL
on 6/2/04 9:27 pm - JAX, FL
Michelle, Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!! Erika L
Micmomof3
on 6/2/04 11:20 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Michelle, Wow! I am so excited for you! What great news! Michelle
Lexa321
on 6/3/04 12:47 am - weston, FL
WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO you go girl!!!!!!!!
ebdrup
on 6/3/04 3:28 am - PLANT CITY, FL
That is great!! Hope you get date soon. Congratulations! gail
Marla S.
on 6/3/04 6:18 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Michelle...Great news! So very glad for you. Now the diet and you will be there. Marla
Jan Ocala
on 6/5/04 10:03 am - Ocala, FL
Michelle, congratulations on your approval. Did you have a choice in surgeons?? Pre-Op Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views