Curves Memberships...READ YOUR CONTRACT!!!

MzDiane
on 3/22/10 5:33 am - Apopka, FL
OK OK...so let me get my own ass kick'n out of the way.  YOU MUST ALWAYS READ EVERYTHING WHEN SIGNING A CONTRACT!!!!!  

Now with that out of the way let me say that I had answered a post somewhere on here this morning about how I thought Curves was with the resistance training. I said that's their method, I've been a member.  I still like the circuit even though they have pissed in my happy patty potato patch...lol!  So, later on I go and check my checking account because something is not adding up and I am missing some moo-laa (yeah yeah, I know...idiot for not keeping good bank books..whatever) found out that Curves has debited my account for the last 3 months even after my initial 12 month contract being up.

So I called, the lady had to call me back.  She did, I was informed that they had called me back in February and never got a call back.  I have no recollection of a call from them but, hey...I'll give it to them that they might have because I had even gotten an email from them wanting to renew my membership.  No big deal, I just want to make sure it is canceled.  She said I had to put in writing that I wanted my membership canceled because included in the contract was a clause that stated that they "MAY" debit my account for up to 24 months AFTER my 12 membership is UP!

So, I tote my fat tail up there to find that the original lady I had spoken to just left and the crotchety  hag with the political (health reform) issues and "fat people" syndrome state of mind was the only one there and couldn't pull my file (which was suppose to already be done) to let me know exactly when my 12 month membership ended. OK well let me write this letter then and let them know how upset I am that the owner would actually utilize this clause in the contract given the financial state of our country.  Guess that did it for her and it immediately had her "Politically Profiling" me.  Now, not to offend anyone here but I don't give a rats ass who is Republican, who is Democrat or who died and left Jim-Bob in charge.  So, as I start writing this letter she begins to tell me how she can afford to pay her health insurance and insurance for the people that can't pay and how it is because of fat people that our health insurance is in the state it's in.  

Uh...WTF does that have to do with my money and writing this letter?!?  I went off a bit and was like...Oh hell no you didn't!! (Yeah she did, she was profiling me)  Called the Police and said that I wouldn't leave after being asked to. I was like WHAT!!!!  No you didn't ask me to leave, hell I am still writing this letter you all needed!  Anyways...moral to this story is not about the money but about READ what you need to before signing anything

However, I did lodge a complain with the BBB.  They already had an "F" rating. 

300 lb HW / 289 lbs Pre-op /281 lbs Day Of Surgery       
Redhaired
on 3/22/10 8:06 am - Mouseville, FL
I would also write a very polite email to the corporate office.  Chances are the local curves is a franchise -- and they will want to keep the home office happy!

MzDiane
on 3/22/10 6:18 pm - Apopka, FL
Thanks hon.  I hope that is the case.
  300 lb HW / 289 lbs Pre-op /281 lbs Day Of Surgery       
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views