Help please......

nursecharming
on 6/1/04 4:45 am - Central, FL
Hi I have posted here before and was going to go through Dr Cox office for the surgery. I hit a huge road block for me I needed 300.00 up front and I do not have that kind of money. I am sure it is not much to some but being a single mom of 2 and raising my 2 neices with my son having medical issuses and finding out in nov that he has crohn's disease. I lost my job do to missing so much time with him then May of last year broke my ankle and have had 2 surgerys with a 3rd required but now they don't want to do it. My weight is causing my ankle not to heal right plate and screws backed out 2 times now so here is why I need help finally decided to call Vocational Rehab and lady said I would get a letter in a week telling me who my councilor is and when to come in.What do I need to say or do for them to approve and do my surgery??? Please I want to go in as prepared as possible anyone with any ideas please help me.....I want my life back I hate being this big and not being able to walk right now the stares get worse when your this big and using a w/c or scooter at the stores they just don't even take in to consideration its not just that I am big. Thanks for listening and for any information!!!! Linda R
ErikaL
on 6/1/04 6:54 am - JAX, FL
Express to them that you are trying to have this surgery, because you want to get healthy enough to get back to work. You want to be able to be there for your kids physically and finacially. If they feel confident that you are doing this to get healthy enough to get back to work, they'll approve you! I'll keep you in my prayers... Erika L
rlike1
on 6/1/04 8:16 am - Orange Park, FL
I am so very sorry to hear about all that you are going through. I don't know how to help with your particular situation, but I am sending a prayer your way now. May everything turn out for you!
Lexa321
on 6/1/04 8:41 am - weston, FL
i dont know much about voc. rehab. but im sending thoughts your way... and heres a fairy to make everything go away Lexa
sherri parker
on 6/2/04 4:09 pm - port richey, FL
First of all you must stand firm that Obesity created a problem in you maintaining a job and / or getting one. It has to be Medically necessary and the more doctor's you have saying that the better. You Must have been on a supervised diet for a year. The more wrong with you the better off you are. You will Pay NOTHING out of pocket if you go to their approved Vendors. That are doctor that agree to be paid by the state of Florida. For you there will be nothing out of pocket. Vocational Rehab will pay 100%. Your main goal is to lose the weight so you can obtain employment. Stand your ground and be up front in asking for the WLS. They will try to discourage you. Now I will ask you this. Have you tried Medicade? It is easier and the process isn't as long. You are a single mom and have 4 children. You should apply for Medicade first. Believe me it would be a whole lot easier. If you want more info feel free to e-mail me. I went through Voc. Rehab.
sherri parker
on 6/2/04 4:18 pm - port richey, FL
Here is the number for Vocational Rehab. Along with the purpose & Eligibility straight from the handbook of services. Hope this can help out. Dr. Haicken accepts Vocational Rehab funding. They paid for mine 100%. There is hope for you. Never give up. 1-866-515-3692 for an office near you. PURPOSE OF VOCATIONAL REHAB. VRS provides services for eligible persons with PHYSICAL or mental IMPAIRMENTS. These services are designed to enable you to prepare for,to get,to keep, or to regain employment. ELIGIBILITY: Eligibility for Voc Rehab Services; as determined below, is based upon the presence of a physical or mental impairment and a goal of employment. A. The physical or mental impairment constitutes or results in a substantial impediment to employment. B. The individual's employment outcome can benefit from Voc Rehab Services. C. The individual requires Voc Rehab Services to prepare for, to get, to keep, or to regain employment.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views