Is it true?

jolli
on 5/30/04 3:24 am - FL
Hello everyone, I was wondering the other day, does our $financial get better with the surgery also? Just last week I was letting my uncle know that I was having surgery and to my surprise he was totally for it! So like in the conversation he told me that every aspect of my life would change some things for better others maybe not but that even $$ financially I'd be saving alot more money then I normally would. For those post-ops out there, is this somewht true??? OT- I really would like to take this time to say a big THANK YOU TO ALL!! Even though we haven't met personally, yet! I am so greatful for having this e-family so-to-speak, you have all pitched in info. that has helped me in more than one way and of course all the prayers are most appreciated! Thank you all, Johanna
Lexa321
on 5/30/04 4:07 am - weston, FL
i guess you would save money on food... abnd in the long run on cloths... cause i have found that bigger sizes cost more then the smaller ones Lexa
ebdrup
on 5/30/04 5:17 am - PLANT CITY, FL
I believe you would save on a few things. The medicine cost would probably go down and I know for me that could be $$$$$. One of the girls at our support group said she started spending more, because now she had to do her hair, make-up,etc.Ha!Ha! See ya on 6/12. IMP gail
SimplyRedHead
on 5/30/04 6:12 am - Longwood, FL
At one of the info sessions I attended on the surgery, they quoted stats that typically the obese individual does not make the same amt of money as a thin person. I attribute that to confidence and probably unspoken discrimination. I know my weight has cost me a promotion, of course they wouldn't say that to me, but my boss talked to me about my weight around the same time I didnt get the job so I figured it was her way of telling me it was holding me back. Oh well, it wont hold me back much longer...
Luvitsunny
on 5/30/04 11:45 am - Sunny South, FL
Employers would never admit it, but thinner people usually get the hiring and promotion breaks.....so I guess that could mean an increase in finances.
BullDog Lady
on 5/30/04 3:10 pm - Somewhere GREAT!
Evening all I would think that too...Meaning employors are not gonna admit it, but if you are thinner they are gonna think about giving you that promotion quicker than a bigger person no matter ducation wise :angry: That upsets me so much care I know I have the potential to get promoted on most anything within my job, but realistically I know unless I have something done about my weight it want happen So heres to us all tryin to get better financially by losing wieght! BullDog Lady
ladivainotown
on 5/31/04 1:45 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Johanna, Since my husband and I are both currently on disability the weight loss will definately make an impact because we can GO BACK TO WORK!!!! Omar hasn't worked since 1998 and I stopped working in 2002. After Omar has his plastic surgery next week and is healed from that he is going to get a job at Disney and he can't wait. It doesn'r do much for your mental state when you have to rely on others or the government for help. And the strain of having very little money increases your stress level. Someone mentioned saving on clothes because the larger sizes are more expensive. I totally agree with that. I can't wait until I'm able to go into Walmart/Target and pick up a shirt that doesn't cost me $20 bucks. Thanks, Dawn
BarbieCarroll
on 5/31/04 9:32 am - Norcross, GA
Hi all! Well Johanna, Here is my experience thus far. I actually spend MORE on food, but less on eating out. I also waste A LOT of food. I am single, and live alone. So when I do cook (about once a week), I may freeze things, take them for lunch or eat leftovers - but fresh fruits and veggies (which I LOVE) you can't freeze and will often go bad. Speaking of which - I have some mangos in the fridge that need cutting up... See? It is never ending! I have also noticed an increase in maintenance and entertainment items - because I feel better about myself and want to do more. But you know what???? I DON"T CARE!!! I think of it as saving all the money on future medical problems that I was going to have if I stayed obese much longer. I was fortunate and didn't have any medical problems yet - but they were coming! Good luck to you and you will look forward to the positive differences in your life! Barbie Carroll 281/220/150ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views