Protein Shake Poll

SimplyRedHead
on 5/27/04 8:13 pm - Longwood, FL
What protein shakes do you like best? find any reasonablly priced? I have been trying several samples lately, most are tolerable, but looking for other opinions. Amy pre-op June 2nd surgery
mommylinda
on 5/28/04 3:33 am - DeLand, FL
I like the Nectar Fuzzy Navel for a fruity one. I like the Elite Chocolate Mint and Cafe Mocha for the chocolate type. They mix easier than any others I've found and aren't very thick. I have a hard time with thick ones. I've also tried many I didn't care for! Linda in Deltona
nannasjoys
on 5/28/04 5:08 am - St. Augustine, FL
I went on line Bariatric Eating Online Store and ordered - Roadside Lemonade and Whey Tropical Punch. I like both of these. I do not like the Choclolate shake drinks(tried a couple). A large container was 26.95. I hope this helps you. If you fine a good choclate one let me know. Tina
Lexa321
on 5/28/04 10:58 am - weston, FL
i liek teh whey fruity tropical punch... you can get a free sample if you go to www.molecularnutrition.net you can also try the lemonaid one... i like the punch one better... i also like carnation instant breakfast (suger free) i add a cup of milk and 1/4 cup egg beaters... its about 24 protiens... atkins chocolate is pretty ok.. nothin special ... hope this helps
Marla S.
on 5/29/04 6:09 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Gee lost my whole post! Bottom line, I like Nature's Best Perfect Isopure and Gnc brand. Add flavor, coco, fruit or what ever and they are both good. The Isopure seems to mix the best. I use soy milk. Marla
SimplyRedHead
on 5/29/04 7:06 am - Longwood, FL
I went to the website and signed up for their freebies. I sure hope they dont sell my email to the world, I am so sick of spam and junk mail. Last night, I tried the Nectar Fuzzy Navel that everyone on the main board raves about and I didn't really care for it, I'll try mixing it with juice or Crystal Light next time, but with water I thought it was a lot more chalkier than the other chocolate versions I have tried. My nutritionist gave me a list of websites too, I should see if they offer samples too. Spending $1.75 plus shipping per sample isn't cheap if you dont like them. I have gotten about 20 samples so far and can tolerate most of them, but long term I am gonna need some alternatives. Luckily, I like CIB and ALBA so adding dry skim milk for more protein is gonna be my best bet initially plus, I think a lot cheaper than the protein powders. Hopefully, I won't become lactose intolerant, the nutritionist said about 25% of post ops get some form of that. Thanks for the suggestions, Guys!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views