6/12 Altamonte Mall Get together

SimplyRedHead
on 5/27/04 7:27 am - Longwood, FL
Hey Friends! We havent talked about this in a few days, just sending out another reminder that several of us (pre, post, family, friends, etc.) from Florida are getting together in the Foodcourt (I know, I know ) at Altamonte Mall around noon on Saturday, 6/12. Look for the balloon bouquet! This is nothing formal, just to meet and get to know each other better and hopefully make this something we can do on occasion. Hope to see you all there! Amy
Angie J.
on 5/27/04 3:46 pm - Wauchula, FL
hey there, i am going to be there. what is the exit to get off on? and about how far is it from there? maybe we can be a little early to help. see you all there angie
SimplyRedHead
on 5/27/04 7:56 pm - Longwood, FL
Exit 92 (Altamonte/Hwy 436), coming from Tampa you turn right on to Hwy 436, (coming from Daytona, you would turn left) the mall is approx 1/4 mile on the left, just past Chili's. The food court is closest to the mall entrance between Burdines and Dillards which is at the back of the mall when you turn in from 436. Some are going to try to get there at 1130am to help secure several tables so we can sit together. See you there...
Angie J.
on 5/28/04 5:29 am - Wauchula, FL
hey amy, thanks for the info. i think we will be driving straight up 27, then I 4. i was sure about the exit, you know they have changed them, lol, i guess that tell yous how much i travel. i am going to see what i can do about being there a little early to help out. i do have a suggestion though, it may help if everyone put in a post on how many were coming. for example i would put 2, for me and dh. that way we could get a good number of how many chairs and tables that are needed. i live in zolfo springs, hardee county, so if anyone wants to meet at my place and ride together, i have a minivan that sits 6, there will be 4 extra seats, lol. email me and i will give you directions, we are going to try to leave about 9am or 9:30am, it is about 1 1/2 hour drive but with the traffic it may be longer. besides i am always late at everything, lol. we're not spending the night, i would love to but it is the money thing, i will be just as happy getting to meet everyone. if anyone is spending the night i went to roomsavers.com and found a few hotels with good rates for that area. thanks angie 2
SimplyRedHead
on 5/28/04 7:36 am - Longwood, FL
Angie, Glad you and your hubby are planning on coming. I think right now, we probably have about 20 coming. Someone will post another reminder or two as we get closer. Please keep in mind this is very informal, really just to meet and chat, hopefully establish some new friendships and share experiences. Maybe it can grow into something bigger down the road. Amy pre-op 6/02 surgery date
Jill A.
on 5/27/04 10:41 pm - Tampa, FL
Amy, I live in Tampa and come to Altamonte for my daughters basketball tourneys. I will check to see if we have one that weekend. I would love to meet other lap banders. I will have my 1 year birthday on the 27th. We don't have anything here in Tampa for banders, seems everything is geared toward RNY'ers. Thanks for the heads up. Jill
SimplyRedHead
on 5/28/04 10:40 am - Longwood, FL
Jill, I hope you can make it too! Not sure how many banders are coming, but we should have a nice turnout regardless. Boy, that's dedication traveling from Tampa to Altamonte for basketball tournaments. Sounds like you have some busy weekends. Hope you can join us on 6/12, Amy
Marla S.
on 5/29/04 6:12 am - Tampa-ish, FL
There is a bander meeting in Zephyrhills. Marla
Marla S.
on 5/30/04 10:13 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Jill, I think the meetings are on a Monday nite, Call : Lee Grossbard, M.D. He is the surgeon. Marla
ebdrup
on 5/28/04 10:20 am - PLANT CITY, FL
You can count on me, I will be there for sure. I am really excided to meet everyone. I will be there early also to help set up. I think the Foodcourt is the perfect place for us to meet. LOL I know I counted twenty people at one time and that was not with family, friends, etc. We should have a great turn out. We can all talk and visit, share stories. See ya all there. gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views