AFRAID TO EAT!!!

LesaPurdy
on 5/26/04 9:21 am - panama city bch, fl
Hi everyone, I am 5 weeks today and down 34 lbs..YAY I am suppose to be on pureeds as of last week but am afraid to try.I mean..I have tried string cheese and I do well with that..I am just trying to get my liquids in I forget about eating. I am scared if I start solids or pureeds my weight loss will slow down and I have a goal..I want to be 120 lbs by october I am 167 as of now. I really don't know what to eat..I do have crackers with peanut butter occasionaly . and cream of wheat.. but i am so scared of fruits and veggies. I did chew some beef jerky today at lunch but got a stomach ache after wards.I am just scared to eat anything else. anyone else scared to leave their full liquids behind? What am I so afraid of? Nothing even sounds interesting to me at all. I want to eat and I do get my protein shakes and my fluids..it's just I got so used to full liquids I am scared to make the change..maybe I should just go with a pace that's good for me. do it at my own pace when I feel ready? uhhh
BarbieCarroll
on 5/26/04 9:34 am - Norcross, GA
Hi Lisa, I felt the exact same way when I was new post-op! But - beef jerky isn't pureed sweetie... Cottage cheese, yogurt, applesauce, mushed up peas, carrots, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, real soft meat blended with little milk or water (sounds gross - but it was really yummy & better than jus****er!) I usually just blended up what was for dinner for the rest of family. It worked better that way. Listen to your doctor & follow his plan of food care for best results. After that - listen to your new tummy! It will tell you what you like and don't. But you do need to eat!!! Your body needs the nutrition to work at losing weight. Follow docs orders! You are doing great! Take care - Barbie 281/223/150ish
Trisha H.
on 6/14/04 12:16 am - Jacksonville, FL
I had the same problem at first, all it took was a taste of the solid food and I was on my way. The flavor is so intense compared to the liquid foods we were having. I still can not bring myself to eat red meat or lettuce. As my doctor says the thing is to try "small bites", chew 30-50 times and see how you do. If there is a problem step back and try again later in a day or so good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views