Any Dr Murrs Patients question

April B.
on 5/25/04 10:09 am - Blanchard, OK
hi everyone...question for any of Dr Murr's patients...I am having my pysch., medical and nutritional evaluations on June 9th...should I bring with me my records of my diet attempts to those appts or wait till I actually meet with Dr Murr??? Thanks for any help on this.... Have a great rest of the day and a much better tomorrow!!! April OH "Where the seeds of friendship blossoms!"
Marla S.
on 5/25/04 1:08 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
April, what I was told and did, was to make 2 copies of all my information, ie doctor's notes, diets and etc. One copy I gave to them, Spectra and kept the 2 copies for myself. Then if something was lost, I had extra copies. Before you see Dr Murr, everything, documentation wise must be in your file. Once Spectra has that, they forward to Dr Murr's office. At that time, Martha calls you for an appointment with Dr Murr. Good Luck!! Marla
April B.
on 5/25/04 1:13 pm - Blanchard, OK
TY Marla, I thought I was to take it with me to Spectra, now I know for sure...hope they call you soon with your surgery date and that it also is soon.... Will meet ya on the losing side.... April
kgrincewich
on 5/25/04 1:13 pm - Zephyrhills, FL
I didn't give my medical records to Spectra. I took them with me to my appointment with Dr. Murr and gave them to him myself. While I was waiting to be called, a lady showed up for her appointment. And she had given her med records to Spectra and they were never placed in the chart. Karee
Kathy Barnett
on 5/25/04 1:28 pm - Zephyrhills, FL
Hi! I know everyone will have their own opinion about your question and whether you should bring your records to Spectra. Here is mine: Dr. Koche has been my primary for several years so I am very fortunate to have a good relationship with her and according to her and Perry, the psychologist there (actually one of them), if you have copies of your diet attempts, you should bring a copy of those with you to Spectra. Also, if you have kept a log of what you are eating lately, take it too. If you haven't, start now. It may save you a return trip to see the nutritionist again and its $70 per half hour if you have to go back. I agree with Marla too about having a few copies of your records. It doesn't hurt to be prepared. So, if you can make copies of whatever you have, take a copy with you and offer it to them. There may be some info included in there that they can use to prevent you from having to do follow up appts' before you are cleared for the surgery. Sorry, this is so long, but I hope its helpful. Take care and good luck! Kathy
Marcie D.
on 5/26/04 4:28 am - Tampa, FL
I initially thought I only needed to give copies to Dr. Murr, but Spectra did ask for them. So I still have the originals and one copy left. I intend on giving them to Dr. Murr whenever I actually get to see him!
kgrincewich
on 5/26/04 5:24 am - Zephyrhills, FL
I know I sounded crabby earlier. Didn't mean to. I only gave Spectra what they asked for and they never asked for all my medical records. In the packet for Spectra I did fill out 2 or 3 pages for weight loss attempts. In my packet to Dr. Murr, I had all the medical records he requested. Copies of my Weigh****chers books as well as copies of scripts for all my weight loss meds and my comorbs meds. And in addition to a letter from my PCP and Psych, I also got a letter from any other doctor I had seen. Always, Karee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views