Dr Marema...in Miami

forever2r1
on 5/25/04 3:21 pm - miami, FL
hi Kat..thanks for the info..I read your whole profile...wow..your picture look great. I weigh 245 right now...5-3 in height. You know, i liked your profile, because you call it like you see it...You sounded like me..LOL As for the other thing...stop looking, it'll happen. Thats how it happen for me...Email me if you ever wanna chat and thanks for your advice, take care. Mady
Amanda B.
on 5/25/04 10:50 pm - Casselberry, FL
Hi...My husband and I originally started out with Dr. Marema...After getting all of our pre-op testing done (several months and many bills later) I was told that scheduling for surgery would have to wait (they were just opening the Celebration office at the time)..After MONTHS of waiting..I was told that he no longer took my insurance (BCBS PPO)..I since found out that the office KNEW this when I first went to the orientation..MONTHS AGO. BUT, they would still perform my surgery for another $6,000!!!!Needless to say, My husband and I were both VERY upset. We went to see another surgeon - Dr. Tenewitz in Melbourne and my husband was scheduled for surgery the NEXT month! and my insurance was FULLY approved. Honestly, I think Dr. Marema's office scammed us..and since then, I have found quite a few patients with similar stories. Just FYI... Mandy Open RNY 1/20/03 Pre-op - 314lbs Today - 141
muskrat641
on 5/26/04 6:52 am - Tampa, FL
I'm sure you can find similar stories with ANY physician if you dig deep enough. Dr. Marema was my surgeon and I know without a doubt his skill is the reason I had, and continue to have, NO complications .. no vomiting, no diarrhea, no bowel problems, no inability to keep food down .. none of the things I see others on these boards complain about. My insurance is and was BCBS/PPO, but back then it was covered. However, if I had to have this surgery all over again and it was gonna cost me $6,000 out of my pocket for Dr. Marema to do it .. I'd gladly write the check. I live in Tampa and there are doctors in this area that do the surgery, but after doing my research I chose to drive to Ft. Lauderdale ... and I'm glad I did. The mere magnitude of his practice speaks volumes about his expertise.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views