Dr Marema...in Miami

forever2r1
on 5/24/04 7:19 pm - miami, FL
Hello, I was just interested in knowing if anyone has had surgery or dealings with this dr. I am going to my orientation this week and I was curious to know other patients input.... Thanks and Good Luck ALL!!!!!!!
SimplyRedHead
on 5/24/04 7:39 pm - Longwood, FL
I have heard nothing but good things about Dr. Marema and US Bariatrics. I only opted against surgery with them because they are such a big practice, it would have taken a lot longer to go thru the process than with some other reputable WLS doctors that I was also researching. The aftercare program with USB was impressive and I recently heard they now allow anyone who has WLS surgery participate in that program (for a cost of course). The info session should answer a lot of your questions, but keep doing your research. It is better to be informed when you start seeing the doctors. Good luck, Amy
forever2r1
on 5/24/04 7:44 pm - miami, FL
Thanks a million for your response...around how long would the process have taken with US Bariatrics? i'm just curious, if he's as good as i've heard, then i'll patiently wait...and learn some more... thanks and good luck. Mady
SimplyRedHead
on 5/24/04 7:58 pm - Longwood, FL
I can only speak of the office in Central Florida but a friend continued the process with them and it took a couple weeks to get a phone appt with a nurse, then a few more for an appt with the surgeon. I was finished with all my testing and had started the approval process before she had her first appt with the doctor. Again, this may not be typical for the Miami office and isnt a big deal if you are patient and not under time restraints, but I was facing a possible layoff and loss of insurance, plus with the changes in some insurance companies not approving this surgery after Jan 1, 2005, I didn't want to procrastinate or have to wait too long for my approval. Amy
Janet P.
on 5/25/04 8:18 am - Ipswich, MA
Dr. Marema did a RNY lap procedure on me April 26 in Ft. Lauderdale. I have had no problems except a little queasiness (like morning sickness) from time to time. I have little appetite and have to force myself to eat -- what a pleasure. But I still enjoy the food and have already lost about 27 pounds. I had little pain after surgery. Stopped using the morphine about 18 hours after the surgery because it was making me nauseous. I only took 4 tylenol from then on. Never used the darvocet prescription. I am so pleased with the results. I know I am on my way to a new life. It is important to do your breathing exercises and to walk as soon as possible and as much as possible after the surgery. This makes the recovery go so much faster. Within 2 weeks I could walk a mile and after three weeks 2 miles. I was in pretty good shape before the surgery, but I never expected that it would be this easy. Dr. Marema has a terrific record and his associates (Dr. Diaz & Dr. Perez) are also top notch. Good luck. I don't think you will be sorry if you go ahead.
forever2r1
on 5/25/04 3:12 pm - miami, FL
Hi Janet, thanks for your response...I'm glad everything has gone okay with you after your surgery, i hope i'm that lucky. Thanks for the advice,i really needed it and i'll keep you posted on my process. Thanks a million, be safe and God bless. Mady
Lexa321
on 5/25/04 11:28 am - weston, FL
ohh girl... im sorry.. i have never herd of the dr... but im in ft.lauderdale... if you wanna talk sometime e-mail me
forever2r1
on 5/25/04 3:14 pm - miami, FL
hi alexa, are you currently going through the process...
Lexa321
on 5/28/04 11:03 am - weston, FL
im tryin to... but i was denied by insurance... but im still tryin..
KAT *.
on 5/25/04 1:31 pm - Orlando, FL
I had surgery with US Bariatrics in December 2002. Dr. Perez was my surgeon. The whole process from start to finish took about 60 days. From the date I submitted to my insurance until the date I was lying on the table having surgery was about 60 days. Once they received my insurance approval I was scheduled for surgery immediately. I live in Orlando, but I had my surgery in Ft. Lauderdale. Lap RNY 12.10.02 5'2" 210 start - size 20 115 goal 107 current - size 2-5
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views