My PCP was in a FOUL mood!

ErikaL
on 5/24/04 8:22 am - JAX, FL
I went to see my PCP today. When I handed him the sample letter of medical necessity that I typed up, he just handed it back to me. He didn't even discuss how Weigh****chers was going, he just checked to see if I went. He was in a FOUL mood! He kept telling me that just because he recommended the diets I had been on and weighed me then discussed the diet with me on my next appointment, it didn't mean that they were "medically supervised." He did finally say that he would write my letter of medical necessity, but didn't want to hear about what Dr. Cox wanted him to include. I just hope he does a half-way descent job on it!!! After I left his office, I went to have my bloodwork done that Dr. Cox requested. At least I feel like I accomplished something positive today!
Lexa321
on 5/24/04 8:45 am - weston, FL
how rude of him.. hope he does it right teh first time so he dont have to do it again
ErikaL
on 5/24/04 3:23 pm - JAX, FL
Thanks Alexa! That's the way I felt, I just wanted to blast him! Erika L
ebdrup
on 5/24/04 8:45 am - PLANT CITY, FL
Erika, I have seen several of your wonder replys to other people, so I know you will be able to make this OK. When you write your letter to include with your request to the insurance I would put all the diets and visits to your PCP. I hate it when Doctors take things out on their patients. Do not let him get you down, you have come a long way. Good Luck and hopfully your PCP will come through. Gail
ErikaL
on 5/24/04 3:26 pm - JAX, FL
Thank you so much Gail. You're right, I've come too far to let this stop me! Maybe, he will be in a good mood when he writes my letter. God Bless, Erika
Brenda N.
on 5/24/04 12:31 pm - Holiday, FL
HI ERICA, WHEN I FIRST WENT TO MY PCP LAST YEAR AND ASK HIM TO WRITE THE LETTER HE SAID ABOSOLUTLY NO WAY. THEN HE SAW AL ROAKER AND COULDN'T BELIEVE HIS EYES AND SAW HOW MUCH ENERGY HE HAS NOW AFTER LOSING 100 POUNDS AND NOW HE'S ALL FOR IT. HE WROTE ME THE BEST LETTER EVER, MY BARIATRIC SURGEON SAID IT WAS THE BEST EVER. SO MAYBE HE HAD A FIGHT WITH HIS WIFE BEFORE HE SAW YOU THAT DAY, HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL GET BETTER FOR YOU. GOOD LUCK. BRENDA
ErikaL
on 5/24/04 3:29 pm - JAX, FL
Thanks Brenda! You're right, we all have our moments. I'm going to do my best to stay positive!!! God Bless, Erika L
Micmomof3
on 5/24/04 11:41 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Erika, (((Hugs))) I am sorry to hear that your PCP was in a bad mood yesterday. I don't understand why people especially a doctor would take his "bad mood" out on his patients! Just keep your head up! The fact that he said he would write the letter is a plus. Atleast you got your blood work done, shoot thats still something I need to to do! Oh yeah look forward to seeing you Tomorrow! What time are you leaving today? Michelle
ErikaL
on 5/25/04 2:53 am - JAX, FL
Michelle, We're leaving at about 5 in the morning. My Mom is driving, so I'll get to rest on the way down there. We're bringing one of my nieces, she's 8. We'll spend Wed. and Thurs. night in the hotel. I can't wait to see ya! Erika
Micmomof3
on 5/25/04 7:56 am - Jacksonville, fl
Erika, Look forward to seeing you as well. We are leaving at 2 in the morning. I don't want to get lost and want to have enough to find the docs. office. I am driving so am going to get some rest before we leave. Again, looking forward to meeting you! Michelle.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views