Airplane Seats...

kgrincewich
on 5/24/04 7:51 am - Zephyrhills, FL
Ok this going to sound really dumb.. but my husband and I are going to Vegas in two weeks. And I am sooo nervous about the airplane seats. Last time I flew I was 60lbs lighter and that was a year and half ago. I know I'll have to get an extender. And my hubby says that we'll just put the arm up between us. Anyone else get paranoid about flying? Karee
Lexa321
on 5/24/04 7:56 am - weston, FL
no i like it... reminds me of a roller coaster... the seat belt barley fits me... but i dont wear one anyway... a seat belt is not gonna save me if we crash into the ground... the arm up deal could be more comfterbal (sp)
kgrincewich
on 5/24/04 8:54 am - Zephyrhills, FL
Alexa, How do you get away with not wearing the seat belt on the plane?? I guess I am just afraid of my big butt not fitting into the seat. Karee
Micmomof3
on 5/24/04 11:34 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Hi Karee, I have only flown twice and both times got away with not wearing a seatbelt. It would not fit! Obviously you can see I am fat, but I was not going to embaress (sp?) myself more by asking for an extender. Although when my mother fly's for business, she says they automatically bring her an extender. Which I suppose is nice, then you don't have to ask. Good Luck! Michelle.
SimplyRedHead
on 5/24/04 11:25 am - Longwood, FL
I am the same way. I havent flown for years because it was so embarrassing asking for an extender then having to feel cramped next to a stranger. Some airlines are better than others as far as the seat width. What airline are you flying? I know with some, you can get an upgrade to first class for a little more money (like $50) on that same day if they have available seats, those seats are much better for us. Southwest is known for having larger folks pay for two seats which is just humiliating. I know of a website that gives good advice for larger people traveling by plane, what seats are best, etc. If you are interested, email me privately and I will give you the address. Amy
kgrincewich
on 5/25/04 9:04 am - Zephyrhills, FL
Amy, Thanks so much!! I tried to email you and I don't know if it went through or not. If not my email address is [email protected] Thanks, Karee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views