Personal Plea Letter???

Joy F.
on 5/21/04 8:23 am - Summerfield, FL
I have just had my first appointment and am in the process of gathering all the required documentation for BCBS. I have been told to write a personal plea to include in my submission. Are there any available guidelines for this or do I just have to wing it? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm very anxious to get this show on the road!!
Marla S.
on 5/21/04 9:06 am - Tampa-ish, FL
I don't know if anyone has a form letter. I just wrote how my weight and medical problem kept me from having a normal life. Covering each, the cost of meds and etc. Marla
Joy F.
on 5/21/04 9:44 pm - Summerfield, FL
Thanks Marla, I can certainly do that. I also have a letter from my Ortho Doc that says I need a total hip replacement and both knees and that this would be much less complicated if I lose a substantial amount of weight first. I'm hoping that will be compelling. He is willing to do these surgeries at my current weight but I am not. Thanks again, Joy
ErikaL
on 5/21/04 9:46 am - JAX, FL
Joy, I found this one on another site: Written Patient Letter Contents You should write a typed letter addressing each of the fifteen topics. Write one typed page on each topic. Typed not hand written. The typeface to be used 12 point and the line should be 1 to 1 and ½ space on each page. 1. Understanding the Risks of Obesity 2. Understanding Morbid \ Clinically Severe Obesity 3. Understanding Why the Operation is performed 4. Understanding How the Operation is performed 5. Understanding the Hoped for Benefits of Surgery 6. Understanding the Risks of Surgery 7. Understanding the Risks of Gastritis, Ulcers and Bile Reflux 8. Understanding what to take for Pain and Colds 9. Understanding of the Alternatives to Surgery 10. Understanding the Post Operative Diet Changes 11. Understanding the Risks of Alcohol, Acetaminophen and Liver Disease 12. Understanding the Possible Depression After Operation 13. Understanding When to Use the Estrogen Patch in Women 14. Understanding the Need for Long Term Follow Up 15. Understanding the H. Pylori, the Billroth II and the risks of stomach ulcers, gastritis and stomach Cancer Erika L
Joy F.
on 5/21/04 9:55 pm - Summerfield, FL
Thanks Erika, I really appreciate the guidelines. I may not be able to write a page on each of these topics but I can address each issue and show that I am fully informed on each one. What I will also tell them is that I have already found a wonderful support system on this site. I am so very pleased that you all have taken the time to respond to my inquiry here and by e-mail. Thanks again, Joy
sharein_angel
on 5/21/04 9:53 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
There may be a sample letter in a site called gastricbypassfamily. com (add the www.). Lots of info in there that may also be helpful.
Joy F.
on 5/21/04 9:59 pm - Summerfield, FL
Thank you Sharon, I will definitely check that out. Best wishes, Joy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr