OT: Please Pray

Wildcat Lady
on 5/19/04 10:06 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I would like to ask for you to please pray for my grandmother. She is 80 years old and fell Tuesday night and cut her leg and broke her hip. She laid in the floor for 30 minutes yelling for help (it was around midnight) before anyone heard her. Anyway, she's having surgery this morning and my whole family is in Kentucky (that's where I'm from). Please pray for her uneventful surgery and her fast recovery. Thank you! Kim M.
ebdrup
on 5/19/04 10:27 pm - PLANT CITY, FL
Kim, You and your Family are in my prayers and thoughts. I am sorry very sorry that your Grandmother has to go through something like this.
Wildcat Lady
on 5/19/04 10:40 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Thank you Gail! I do appreciate it! It's hard for me being so far away.
sharein_angel
on 5/19/04 10:53 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
MY prayers are with you and your family! I went through this with my 79 y.o. mom about a year ago and it was terrible. She ended up in the hospital and a nursing home for two months before she was able to go home. I pray your grandma has a fast recovery.
Wildcat Lady
on 5/19/04 11:49 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Thank you! She's a very independent woman, very fiesty! She's already said she doesn't want the surgery, but there's no way around. They say she will be in the hospital for at least 2 weeks, and then she will go home and have a home health nurse come in. I'm from a small town just north of Lexington, Ky and she wouldn't even let them transfer here there.
Micmomof3
on 5/19/04 11:43 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother! My prayers will be with her and your family! Sending well wishes her way. Luv, Michelle
Wildcat Lady
on 5/19/04 11:50 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Thank you so much Michelle! All the prayers are GREATLY appreciated!
ErikaL
on 5/20/04 2:28 am - JAX, FL
Kim, I'm SO sorry! You and your grandmother will be in my prayers. My great aunt is improving every day. She got part of her vision back in one eye and can hear really well out of one ear. They took the staples out of her stab wound this week. Her medic alert button saved her life! I hope they are able to get one for your grandmother when she recovers. God Bless, Erika L
Wildcat Lady
on 5/20/04 2:44 am - Jacksonville, FL
Erika, Thank you so much! That's great about your great aunt! My mother told me last night the family has already discussed her getting a life alert necklace. She's very independent so this will be the best thing for her! It crushed my heart to hear how when she tripped over the stool and broke her hip and cut her leg, she couldn't reach the phone and had to take everything she had to pull herself to the door to open it to yell for help. Thanks again for all the prayers! Kim
Brenda N.
on 5/21/04 1:15 pm - Holiday, FL
HI KIM, YOUR GRANDMOTHER IS IN MY PRAYERS. WHERE IN KY ARE YOU FROM. I'M FROM KY ALLSO. I LIVED THERE MOST OF MY LIFE I MOVED HERE IN 1992.AND I LOVE IT HERE. GIVE ME A HOLLER. BRENDA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views