Just A little nervous

carrie B.
on 5/17/04 12:33 pm - pine bluff, AR
...HI, my name is Carrie....I read this board daily, it is so wonderful to have such a great support network....so I am going to vent just a little....I have to admit....my surgery is in 7 days, and I am starting to get nervous.....not so much from the unknown...but from failure...I have been heavy for soooooo long...that I am worried that when I lose weight...I will gain it back.....IS THAT CRAZY OR WHAT! I know this feeling will pass, I just wanted to get it off my chest! Thanks for listening...Carrie
Linda F.
on 5/17/04 12:44 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
I am one week post op and have the same feelings. I have a chat with myself everyday telling myself I will be fine and I will succeed. It is normal to feel this way. Good luck to you.
Marla S.
on 5/17/04 12:49 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
Carrie, first of all, congra on your up coming date!!! I have been reading a lot this past weekend on WLS and the saying that keeps popping out at me is "it is a tool". I know I will not loose if I do not do the foot work over and over each day. I was at a meeting last week. One of the ladies made a statement that stuck with me, " my life is no different, I can eat most anything, but I just don't want as much as I once did". I have been thing about what she said and what I have gained from all my reading. What I see, is that I will have to, eat my protein first and then veggies. The protein is the key! So as long as I get that protein in first, do my exercise, drink my water and take my vitamins all will go as it should. Besides, I have the same fears as you!!!! Marla
SimplyRedHead
on 5/17/04 1:40 pm - Longwood, FL
Carrie, You are not alone in your fear! I worry about the same thing, especially as it gets closer to surgery. I guess we need to support each other and continue to be here to allow venting LOL. You'll get through this, as will I. Chin up Amy
msknow
on 5/17/04 10:01 pm - Deerfield Beach, FL
Carrie, My surgery date is 7/7 and I feel exactly the same way. I don't want to go through all of this, only two years from now be in the same place I am now. What I'm thinking will make the difference is that once I can't eat, I'll have enough time to form new habits, long before that hunger thing kicks in. I have every intention of working this for me. I'm so tired of being so big and uncomfortable and unattractive. I'm 37 and I feel as though my life hasn't even begun. I'm really behind in the marriage/family thing and I think I'm at the place where I can put aside my food desires for something just as desirable. I also think that I'll be smaller than I've ever been before I start to feel hungry and that new body will be enough to keep me on track. Wereas, when I've dieted, I haven't gotten even close to a normal weight/normal body and didn't have the incentive to not mess up. The most I've ever lost was 73 on WW and I still had 77 to go. I just wasn't there yet. This will be different for us both!! Blessings to you. I'll be praying for you, specifically that God will give you the persistance you'll need for this and that your focus will stay narrow and that you won't be distracted. Laura
Leahs R.
on 5/18/04 5:27 am - Sunny, FL
Hi Carrie! I have had my surgery 3 weeks ago and am still nervous. Every time I eat I wonder if I took a bite too much or if I am stretching my pouch. I have been heavy since birth and am so worried that I will remain so the rest of my days. But thank goodness for all these nice people. We are not alone and we are not going to fail. Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. It will be great. I know these feeling will pass and you will do great. I wish you all the best!!!...Leah
carrie B.
on 5/18/04 8:28 am - pine bluff, AR
Thanks everybody for the nice words...itd good too know I am not alone....Its ironic timing for my worries....this weeks people magazine has a story on people who had the surgery and gained their weight back...I pray I will not be in that catagory...I spoke with my counselor today...and we had a long conversation on what people do in order to achieve goals....I am very goal oriented and weight has always been my one and only unattainable goal....so I am trying desperately to change my perspective and look at this as I am acquiring the tools I need in order to achieve my goal....we all are...so I am choosing not to be ashamed of the extreme measure I am taking...but proud that I am doing what I need to do to achieve my goal for a healthy and happy life...thanks to everyone for your support...we are all in the together...and with each others support and help from above....we will all do great.....thanks again for listening
Luvitsunny
on 5/19/04 1:17 pm - Sunny South, FL
It is an old tool, but I keep "before" and "after" surgery pictures on the refrig. I never want to go back to the weight I was, the way I felt and the dependance on food. Having said all that, your fears are normal. Frankly, @ 5 mos post op, I can't imagine how anyone could overeat and regain the weight. I can't help but eat small "bird-size" portions. Good luck -- I'll be praying for you! luvitsunny
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views