Pre-Op Diet

Syn352
on 3/4/10 4:36 am - Inverness, FL
I started my Pre-Op liquid diet 3 days ago and have been unable to stick to it... I keep cheating, not big cheats but it's still cheating... I've always been a big meat eater and I can't seem to stick to just liquids any suggestions? I've only got 8 days before I meet with the surgeon.
IGDiva
on 3/4/10 5:14 am - Orlando, FL
 The pre-op diet is really important as it helps to shrink your liver and prepare it for surgery.  The first couple of days were hard for me, but by day 3, everything seemed to click and it got much easier.
Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
Redhaired
on 3/4/10 10:13 pm - Mouseville, FL
Are you taking in enough fluids and are they tasty.  If your surgeon does not have you on a specific regime then look around at all the wonderful (tasty) fluid choices.  Oh and don't forget your blender.

Red

emjayel56
on 3/5/10 4:21 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

I had to do it for 14 days and thought I would never get past the first day.  I did it and it helped mentally prepare me for surgery and the road ahead.  I agree with the poster above... day 3 is the turning point.  Good luck, do the best you can... Chicken broth, sf ice pops, sf jello, they all help.  You can do it.

maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/10 8:48 am
I guess that 3 day slip is real.  I did the same thing, needed some carbs-emotionally.  I got right back on and have been trying lots of different RDO protein drinks. I is easier now that I bought some sf ice pops, jello, etc. to help when I wanted to cheat. I also understand that it is up to me to make my surgery more successful, that liver is going to shrink shrink shrink.

So pull up your big girl panties and get back on track. It is for you remember, you!
Syn352
on 3/7/10 9:46 am - Inverness, FL
Just a note to say THANKS to everyone for the great support!  You guys were right it did get easier after the 3rd day. I even made it through a weekend at my Aunts house and she LOVES to bake!! Best luck to everyone <3 You guys are GREAT! 
PLennon
on 3/17/10 2:02 am - Orlando, FL
Good luck to you!!
"The spirit dance was unfolding..."

Emily F.
on 3/17/10 8:51 am
How's it going? I start mine on Monday.
Syn352
on 3/17/10 11:33 pm - Inverness, FL
It wasn't so bad once I got use to it and it really helped to prepare me for after the surgery. Good luck and you can do it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views