Surgery June 1st & also July 23 ???

Robin B.
on 5/16/04 8:04 am - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
Ok I am going to catch you up fast! During a yearly pap smear & a complaint of pelvic pain the doc found what she said was an ovary but since a hysterectomy that's impossible. So a cat scan was ordered & there is a hernia 6 cm in width and 5 cm in height, with loops of small bowel around it, & the thing the doc thought was an ovary is what they are calling a 4 cm region of soft tissue density??? I had a colonoscopy April 8, 2004, as a follow up from one done a year ago with the findings of a large polyp the kind of polyp that turns into cancer if unfound & treated. ****OK your caught up now the problem... This is on top of all the other shings my WLS doc has me doing and I feel like I am juggling all I can. Since the beginning of May I have been rectal bleeding, kind of bad like I am on my period. Another cat scan was ordered & they think that the hernia might be the cause of the bleeding & want to open me up all the way & fix the hernia & remove this unknown object which the cat scan showed a cyst on it, June 1st like in 2 weeks & my gastric bypass is scheduled for July 23rd & they think because of the bleeding that my hernia can't wait until after my WLS. But after being cut open is it ok to turn around & have another surgery 7 weeks later? My Bypass doc is going to try it lap but with my history of scar tissue he said he might & most likely will have to open me all the way. I am in pain & hurting now & don't know what to do. I also have my kids here that are hearing all of this and I feel like thats all they will remember is me being sick all the time. I am just so tired Robin
SimplyRedHead
on 5/16/04 9:16 am - Longwood, FL
Robin, Sounds like you have a rough couple months coming up. Hang in there and keep us posted. Amy
sharein_angel
on 5/16/04 11:47 am - Palm Harbor, FL
Robin, I'm so sorry to hear your having all these problems. I just had a colonoscopy last week and they found a polyp, also. I go back to talk to gastro doc on Wednesday. I haven't had any pain or bleeding but wonder if he's going to want to remove mine, also. My WLS surgery is Sept 9th. I have Dr. Rosenthal. If I don't have to have my polyp removed and you have to change your WLS surgery date....I'd be glad to switch with you! I wish you a speedy recovery on what ever surgeries you have....Sharon
jolli
on 5/17/04 7:35 am - FL
Hey there Robin, I'm sorry to here all that is happening to you at once! Now I think that first thing is first. Take care of the polyps and "ovary thing" and then when you fully recover from that and get a clearance then do the WLS. Even if this means to change the WLS date, remember your insurance gives you a certain amount of months that the approval is good for. God Bless you and your family! Good Luck, you'll be just fine. Positivity attracts positivity. Always, Johanna
ebdrup
on 5/17/04 10:33 am - PLANT CITY, FL
Robin, I am really sorry to hear you have to go through all of this. I went through something very close to this in 1986. I ended up needing to have three major surgeries in a span of 8 weeks. The first two were three weeks apart. The recovery is hard but you can do it if you have someone to help. It takes time for you to recover your strength. Do not worry about the kids thinking of you as only being sick. They will remember what a wonderful Mom you are after you recover and are able to do things with them. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless, Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views