While in the Hospital ?s

SimplyRedHead
on 5/16/04 2:59 am - Longwood, FL
For those of you who are post-op or "in the know" hehehe...can you tell me, will I be able to change into my own jammies after surgery or only wear those awful hospital gowns? do I get to wear panties during surgery? I'm trying to plan ahead. I also am looking for a new robe but online options are slim pickins (just spent an hour looking at several websites, including ebay, lanebryant, catherines, roamans, justmysize), has anyone seen any in any stores recently? I need a 3x or 4x. Appreciate any help offered. Amy
Lexa321
on 5/16/04 3:33 am - weston, FL
hay.. ive read somewhere else that they did wear panties... have you checked sears or jc pennys for the robes?
sandra A.
on 5/16/04 6:03 am - myakka city, FL
Hi Amy, I just got some snap down the front robes made from a 100% cotton plaid and one is striped from Lane Bryant catalogue. hey're on sale for $20.00 each. They're lightweight, not see through, and wash beautifully. They came in three different colo combinations and one black & white plaid. I ordered two of the colored ones and then after I received them I ordered one more. They're nice and wide and easy to get on and off. I don't think you'll wear underpants at the hospitol. You'll probably need to wear the hospital gowns because of the I.V., but it wouldn't hurt to pack your own gown. I wouldn't bring pj s because there is elastic in the waistline. Good luck on your surgery, mine is May 26th. Sandy
Bieniasz
on 5/16/04 6:09 am - Tampa, FL
Hi Amy- Sorry to inform...totally naked except for the lovely hospital gown through surgery. Now once you get the catheter out..you can wear your own panties....but trust me on this...you won't care about those things for a few days after surgery!!! More importantly...remember to pack your wooden spoon and flushable wipes for wiping your booty post op! Best of Luck! Lori 222/172/1?? laprny 1-6-04
sharein_angel
on 5/16/04 11:57 am - Palm Harbor, FL
I bought a gown and a matching robe from Ross store for $7.99 a set! Very soft and comfy. They have 2x,3x,4x. It's a maternity set, but I didn't care(it stays closed or you can pin it or sew it if your boobs might hang out...LOL)..it's plenty big so I was able to get a smaller size. I guess I'll buy new slippers too!
Brenda H.
on 5/17/04 12:53 am - Apopka, FL
Hi Amy, I bought some real nice gowns and new slippers for the WLS too. But let me tell you honey, you will not want to wear anything nice or new. You will have a drain and maybe even a feeding tube placed while in surgery, along with a cathater into your bladder. The darain and feeding tube will drain around the site where it is placed. You do not want this drainage on your new gowns!!!It stains and you wiil never get it out of your gowns. So bite the bullet darling and where those fanny flappers that they give you to wear. It's not that bad. Take your robe and a comfortable pair of shoes or slippers as the more you walk the better you feel. Good luck to you as you continue on your weight loss journey.....Brenda from Apopka
Tracy H.
on 5/18/04 2:32 pm - Hudson, FL
A wooden spoon, Damn I should have thought of that. I found wiping my booty was a night mare after surgery. The nurse game a a squirt bottle HELLO It did'nt work good thinking girlfriend Tracy/ Hudson
Marla S.
on 5/19/04 4:19 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Gee I just had to step in....squirt bottle???? Heck how could one bend over to squirt? I just picked up my wooden spoon, going to get some practice in before surgery...Don't think I can go through my daughter wiping my booty! A shower with a hose and sprayer might also work. That is if one is the only person using that shower...otherwise have to clean after a spray secession. Geezzzz what we go through and the topics that are so very important! With out this board, I would be lost! Besides it does give me a chuckle now and then...just picture...after surgery, can't bend, hurting like heck, using a squirt bottle...! Hey I just had a great idea! WLS rooms should have bidets (sp). so there, no problem!! Please, I do not wish to offend anyone, but this is a very important subject. So forgive if I make lite of the facts of life. Only way to stay sane.... Marla
Robin O.
on 5/19/04 1:41 am - FL
During the surgery no undies (which was pretty tough since I started my period the day before!) and though I did bring my own pj's after the surgery I really didn't care. I was surprised but all I wanted to do was lie in bed and not hurt! The first two days I wore the dreaded gown (really not that bad) LOL; however, I was glad to have my own robe for doing my walks so I didn't flash the entire hospital. Good luck! Aylene lap RNY 4/13/04 2nd endo 5/19/04 277.8/234/150ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views