what is the difference between open & lap RNY

kgrincewich
on 5/14/04 8:58 am - Zephyrhills, FL
I also used that form letter and typed in my information just in case my PCP needed it. However my PCP recommended the surgery to me and required me to attend the orientation and support group meetings. He then expected me to tell him about the fifteen different topics previously discussed. My PCP also required me to speak with one of his insurance girls who has had the surgery. He said that way he knew I had actually spoken with someone who was post-op and had been given the good, the bad and the ugly. Once I was able to confidently discuss all this info with him he was more than anxious to write his own letter for the insurance. As well as having other members of his practice (that I have seen) write letters also. Dr. Murr requires five years of medical records, so my PCP not only supplied those but also five years worth of precription records from his practice. So that way the insurance had hard proof of all the medications that I have been taking. Karee
sharein_angel
on 5/14/04 11:06 am - Palm Harbor, FL
check out sharon neva journey page. she has tons of info! the sample letter and the difference between open & lap RNY. Click on "peers" above and type in her "last name" in the search box. when you get to her page, just check down the left hand column. It's all there.
Angie J.
on 5/14/04 1:53 pm - Wauchula, FL
thank you everyone for all of your help. i now have lots more info to read and show others. plus i think that my pcp is going to about faint when i show him all of these papers. i have a VERY lot of info now. thanks again everyone angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views