My PCP did my letter, Yippee

Marilyn A.
on 5/13/04 8:49 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Well everyone, I took all of your advise and was prepared to bug my PCP every other day about getting my letter ready. Thursday was going to be my 1st day for me to bug him. I called his office around 1:00pm and low and behold his nurse said, "I was just getting ready to call you". Please come pick up your letter from the doc. Our God is wonderful. 3 days after my appt. he had the letter ready. Oh, and go figure, it's the same letter I wrote only on the PCP's letterhead. I promptly faxed it to Dr. Thoburn's office and Shirley said they would be calling me within a week or so to schedule my 1st appointment. Shirley's only concern was that I had not been on a medically supervised diet with my PCP for the past year. Do you think I should request a copy of my medical records from my PCP which state my weight for the past year? I was diagnosed last Thursday with diabetius, this I add to my over the top high cholesterol. I'm going to call BC/BSFL again today and make confirm what they told me last month that since the surgen who submitted my paperwork in 02 didn't request a surgery date my documentation (doctor letters / sike evulation) would still be valid and confirm that the lady who told me that was correct. Well, my wait is on for my 1st appointment, Praise God for his help, and thank you all for your continued support in all of this... Thanks, Marilyn
SimplyRedHead
on 5/13/04 9:12 pm - Longwood, FL
Marilyn, Yeah! Isn't it nice when it goes easier than anticipated? I would definitely call back his nurse and ask for copies of your records too. I was lucky because my doctor had recommended WW to me several years ago and that was documented on my chart and when they wrote the letter, he added that I had failed at WW twice at their recommendation. Good luck with your first appt and keep us posted. Amy
ErikaL
on 5/13/04 10:59 pm - JAX, FL
Marilyn, I am SO happy for you! I think getting the records from your PCP couldn't hurt. I called mine earlier this week to request copies of my records. It's going to cost me a dollar a page and I've been going to him for quite a while, but I think it will worth it! My appointment with my PCP is on the 24th, so I hope I have as good as luck as you. Congratulations!!! God Bless, Erika L
Robin B.
on 5/16/04 9:24 am - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
I am so happy for you and know everything is going to be fine. Have a great surgery and a speedy recovery. My heart and prayers are with you. Keep us posted on your progress. Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views