No support

muskrat641
on 5/13/04 11:01 am - Tampa, FL
ok .. so .. if educational brochures won't help .. how 'bout asking them to attend an information session or support group? tell them you respect their opinions, as long as they are INFORMED and EDUCATED opinions ... if they still have reservations after they've been informed and educated .. then there's nothing anyone can say or do to change their minds good luck to you .. and just remember .. this is YOUR decision and YOUR life Linda
Tina P.
on 5/13/04 11:46 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Marcy: My friend had Dr Renhke and is doing great. If you don't have anyone in St Pete to support or visit you during your hospitalization, let me know as I live in St Pete, ok?! Also.. the previous reply about accepting their opinion if it is an informed and educated one, is what I think also. Blessings! ~ Tina ~
marcy N.
on 5/14/04 12:00 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Jan, What a good idea. That's what I should have done. You're a smart cookie. Do you have a surgery date, yet? You can count on me to be there for you. Let me know. M
Jan Ocala
on 5/14/04 5:33 am - Ocala, FL
Marcy, I don't have a date yet. I'm VERY pre-op and only have my first visit with my PCP next week. The good news is that I have a letter of my own ready to go as well as one from the PCP recommending the procedure and I have a whole speech prepared for the doc as well. Wish me luck!!
ebdrup
on 5/14/04 9:48 am - PLANT CITY, FL
Marcy, There are several good replys here. I just want to let you know I am also behind you. You are the one that has to live with what you decide on. Do not let them get you down. Let the wonderful people here help support you. Remember you can not argue with people that are ignorant of what they speak. Keep your head high and smile. You are doing the right thing for yourself. God Bless, Gail
marcy N.
on 5/14/04 4:30 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
Thank you all very much! I feel much better now Marcy
marcy N.
on 5/16/04 9:55 am - Tampa-ish, FL
My father called today and apparently, my cousin whose already had a gastric bypass is doing quite well now and stopped by my parent's home and boasted about how wonderful he's doing and that he had absolutely no complications. That was enough to have them change their attitude about the surgery and now they both told me I have their full support. Thank you all, again. M
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views