WISH center/Tampa, Dr Dietrick

Tina P.
on 5/12/04 3:22 pm - St. Petersburg, FL
Doing my pre-ops here. Just looking for anyone else who has been involved with the WISH Center in Tampa. Hoping to hear of success and if there are any complaints also. Any personal reviews of Dr. Dietrick? (other than what I can find on this site) Also, Town & Country Hospital.. thoughts, experiences? Thanks and blessings to all. Tina Z. in St Petersburg
humbrdlvr1
on 5/12/04 10:17 pm - Wesley Chapel, FL
Hello Tina! Dr. Dietrick did my open RNY on March 16 and I couldn't be happier. The only complication I had was that my wound opened up after the staples were removed, but that has nothing to do with Dr. Dietrick or his abilities as a surgeon. I researched several surgeons and WLS programs and chose the WISH Center over all the rest even though I knew it would cost me a bit more out of pocket. Dr. Dietrick comes across as being very quiet and reserved, but he is very compassionate, cares about his patients and their well-being, and does have a sense of humor. I never feel rushed when talking with him and he always asks me if I have any questions. (I had to see him every week for a while and am now down to every three weeks until I get this wound completely healed.) I am equally as pleased with the rest of the staff at the WISH Center. My experience at Town and Country Hospital was also very positive. All of the rooms on the bariatric ward are private rooms and are equiped for the obese. They even have this special air mattress that they blow up and slide you from your bed to the operating table and back so you don't have to do the bed-to-bed shuffle. They even used it to put me in my regular bed as I was having a lot of shoulder pain (due to trapped air--which went away as soon as I got up and walked) and couldn't use my right arm to move myself. My husband stayed with me 24 hours a day. Dr. Dietrick even encouraged the support person to stay so that he or she can help you get in and out of bed and get walking. If your room doesn't have the special chair that folds out into a bed, they will bring in a roll-away for your support person (and extra blankets for them if needed.) Each room has it's own AC controls. I apparantly froze everyone out. LOL While I was there, a young lady named Dena (I think) stopped by and introduced herself. She had also had WLS and was going to start working at Town and Country on the bariatric ward as she wants to help other WLS patients. All of the nurses I had helping me were very nice and compassionate. They even came and woke me up to see what I needed after I had hit the nurse call button then fell asleep before I could tell them what I wanted (that was due to the morphene haze! LOL) Silvia is really a doll. I think she is everyone's favorite. Good luck with your journey! Let me know if I can be of help! Jan -62 pounds since 3/16/2004
Tina P.
on 5/13/04 11:38 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Jan: Thank you so much for your reply! I am doing my tests and following my 'master goals'. My husband, Buddy, has been my rock. He helps with food so I don't have to be around it and keeps stern on my late evening cravings. He has the diet posted on the cabinets and measures everything for me. I am slowly building on my exercise. I would like to ask you since you are on the other side now, can you think of anything special to have at the hospital? I have a higher BMI, and go by them or a photo to guess who is about my size. Did the gowns fit ok? Did you have pj's or a gown after? I understand the urinary cath. will only be in 1 day. And there is no NG tube or leak test. Did you meet the anesthesiologist before surgery? I have so many questions, many I already know answers too but since you just had this all done and I am preparing, anything, ANYTHING you can add, I would appreciate! Blessings! ~ Tina ~
humbrdlvr1
on 5/14/04 1:48 am - Wesley Chapel, FL
Tina, I responded to you directly since the message was rather lengthy. Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr