Visiting MIami

Jo W.
on 2/25/10 9:30 am - Owosso, MI
We are  visiting Miami for the first time.  We are not doing the disney thing.   Can someone recommend an inexpensive hotel/motel near the metro zoo?      We are visiting friends who aren't familiar with the area who are staying near the zoo.    Clean and quiet are all we require  wont be spending much time there cept to sleep  and would rather have  more money to do more!!   thanks
IGDiva
on 2/25/10 10:56 am - Orlando, FL
I would try obitz.com or travelocity.com and use the proximity search. I have a friend in Miami I can ask, and see is she can recommend some places.
Jo W.
on 2/25/10 1:55 pm - Owosso, MI
Thank you
  I have tried several of the travel sites and the hotels they work with are more than we can afford.  If we cant find something less expensive  we are considering camping
mgarcia10
on 2/25/10 9:15 pm
The zoo is quite far from the major Miami tourist attractions.  Not sure if that is good or bad for you, but I thought I'd mention it.  Miami is a huge metropolitan area that all kind of runs together.  The zoo is Southwest of the city.  It's a good 45 minute drive to South beach from there for example.  The area the zoo is in is mostly residential.  If you want to do some sight seeing you'll want to go to South Beach, Lincoln Road, possible Vizcaya...etc
mgarcia10
on 2/25/10 9:20 pm
You could try bidding on Priceline's "name your price" site.  You can narrow it down to the exact area, and number of stars you require.  I've been able to save a lot that way.  Also Hotwire has some good deals for their "blind" items.  This site has a list of hotels that Priceline and Hotwire both use.  You can usually narrow it down to a couple of hotels by reading the descriptions, that way you aren't going in totally blind on what you're purc hasing or bidding on.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=14&
Jo W.
on 2/26/10 4:50 am - Owosso, MI
We are visiting friends who are staying at a  campground  by the zoo and wish to be near them,  We are aware that we will be driving  some  or they will  they are kinda planning our vacation this time.    I do appreciate the info  thanks for the reply
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views