Hey Everyone. I am so mad...

Angie J.
on 5/12/04 7:49 am - Wauchula, FL
Hey Everyone. I am so mad right now. I don't know what to do. I have medicaid/share of cost insurance. Well i have been trying to get into one of their HMO's. I have been calling and calling and all I have gotten is nothing. The county where i live doesn't offer the HMO's, and so far every doctor that i have called doesn't take the insurance that I have. I don't know what else to do. I haven't went to my PCP yet because i wanted to get the insurance straight, but even if i did i would have to self pay for the visit, because of me haveing share of cost. The medicaid doesn't kick in until i have reached my deductible, which is $265.00 a month. Every month the deductible starts over. I am so lost and at my wits end. I don't have the money to self pay. At this point I don't even know if I will be able to have the surgery. The only thing else that i thought might work is I applied for S.S.I.. I don't know if i will get it or not, but i know that it will be a while anyway. I hope that i can get it, because I have what is called psuedotumor cerebri, and that has a whole lot to do with being overweight. I have my phone appt. on the 18th. I don't know what else to do. any help? Thanks Angie
ebdrup
on 5/12/04 8:22 am - PLANT CITY, FL
Angie, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with insurance. I do not have any ideas as to what to do, but wanted to let you know I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. I also know my insurance is going to be a problem as I check what type of coverage they have for weight loss. The answer was NONE. Not even diets. I was told I could appeal. So I understand being angry, but I am not going down without a fight. P.S. Can not wait to meet you at our outing in June. God Bless Gail
Angie J.
on 5/12/04 8:26 am - Wauchula, FL
Hey there Thanks Gail. I am planning on being there. Right now this just has me depressed. Because I live in a small county, they do not offer the different HMO's that medicaid offers. Thanks Angie
Marla S.
on 5/12/04 8:46 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Angie, Keep your chin up. Do you have an atty helping you with SSI? You may need to find one, as the tons of paper work is over powering. It takes a looong time to get approved for SSI. By the way, I was born in your town, small world! Marla
sharein_angel
on 5/12/04 12:40 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
I have Medicaid/share of cost. Had same problems and couldn't switch to HMO. My back hurt so bad and couldn't sleep very good for pass 6 months, finally went to EMERGENCY. Well, that kicked it right in and WELL OVER my share of cost. Was referred to doctor, got x-rays, blood work, meds. I have spondylolthesis and rhuematoid arthritis. Asked him about WLS, said yes, Gave me referrals to get sleep study, upper GI, chest x-rays, gallbladder ultrasound, etc. I scheduled them in beginning of each month to meet my share of cost. Just turned in all my papers/test results on May 4th to my surgeon and got APPROVED by Medicaid May 9th! FIVE DAYS! (that is counting a weekend, too). I'm calling tomorrow, to get my surgery date. Dr. Cox in Ft. Lauderdale takes Medicaid. I have a 4 hour drive to surgeon/clinic. I met another lady in my area that had the same surgeon, so we shared cost of gas and hotel. We were able to go the same day because of the long distance we had to travel. My case worker told me to hurry because Medicaid is changing some of it's rules soon. Hope this info helps you.
Brenda N.
on 5/12/04 1:01 pm - Holiday, FL
hi saphire, i know what your going through.i have medicare/medicaide and was all set for the surgery i was told i have all my letters from my dr's i had to have $1000.00 up front for the surgery and was told my insurance paid for evevrything else. so i ran from dr'to dr'to dr getting all i needed and paid ther $1000.00 non refundible,now i'm told i have to come up with another $4,000.00. because medicare dosent pay for the surgeon. so i have to try to get a second mortgage on my home.i'm afraid i'll pay that and get my hopes up again then boom what else? it's like theres no end. i hope you have better luck then me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views