12 days away..

will_be_fat_free_and_

on 2/25/10 12:29 am - Pensacola, FL
12 days away from my surgery. Honestly I have been trying to eat all the bad things I love before I have to start liquid next week. Its strange but I feel like nothing tasts as good as it should. It seems like nothing taste as good as skinny is gonna feel !
Comments?

emjayel56
on 2/25/10 2:20 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

I understand what you are saying.  I think I experienced the same thing.  You are mentally ready for the beginning of your new life.  Good luck with your journey. 

Maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

MzDiane
on 2/25/10 9:47 pm - Apopka, FL
I haven't got a surgery date yet, I actually have my psych evaluation thing-a-ma-jiggy tomorrow but I know I have to deal with understanding that there are food's that I will never eat again (and not just because the surgery limits me). Seems like I have seen on one of the forum boards that we kind of have to look at our bad eating habits and the foods we "love" like it is dieing.  I'm not sure if that is a drastic definition or not.  I'm gonna take your last line and apply it to me..."nothing taste as good as healthy is gonna feel!"  I can't wait!  Good luck to you hon!
  300 lb HW / 289 lbs Pre-op /281 lbs Day Of Surgery       
will_be_fat_free_and_

on 2/26/10 12:02 am - Pensacola, FL
I dont think your off base at all.
Saturday I have to start liquid for five days untill the surgery. So Friday night my husband is taking me to my favorite restaurant and I will have a very expensive steak that i love. But I am ok with it. Some people say you may never be able to eat those kind of things again. And some people say you may never want them again. I hope for me its neither. I hope that when I am done I willbe able to eat things that I enjoy in moderation. Because moderation was never in my vocabulary if you know what I mean. So until then I am working on my "bucket list". My general doctor (who is wonderful by the way) thinks that I will be successful, and I agree!
Good luck to you and dont give up. My husband reminded me six months into the testing (it took a year to get approved) and process that the reason they made it so hard to get approved because they want to see if you have what it takes to see something through without giving up. Just like we will have to do with weight losss and out new lifestyle!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views