Dr. Lord - Pensacola Anyone?

USAF Wife
on 3/11/10 7:24 am
Did Dr. Althar's office not accept your insurance?

I met with Dr. Lord, but didn't "click" with him and his tendency to push RNY on me.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

shellyvette
on 3/11/10 10:45 am - Pensacola, FL

You know after I wrote that message I actually called Dr. Althar's office.  I spoke with Melissa his nurse, who actually had the VSG performed by Dr. Althar.  She was such a delight we talked about 15 minutes.  After we talked I when on their website and was further impressed.  My insurance is accepted and I don't need a referral to see him,  She is sending me out some paperwork, so you know I'm EXCITED.   I think you are right about Dr. Lord, I won't be encourage to do something that I don't want.  Thank you so much for being supported that means a lot to me.  I will keep you up to date.

Michelle

BTW: Dr. Althar recently had the VSG performed on him.

USAF Wife
on 3/11/10 1:42 pm
I am so excited for you, and please keep me posted. I'll be out of state until Monday night. But, if you need anything, please don't hesitate to contact me. Melissa is definitely awesome. I hadn't heard about Dr. Althar's surgery, but that's pretty awesome. He seems very passionate, and supportive.

One weekend when I head to Pensacola, maybe we could get together and have lunch or coffee? I was so excited when they put in the Dunkin Donuts down there. It's the only thing from our time in Massachusetts I enjoyed and truly missed when we got orders down here in 2008.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

shellyvette
on 3/11/10 10:48 pm - Pensacola, FL

Thank you girl I'm still floating. Yes, please contact me when you come to Pensacola I would love to meet you.  Enjoy your trip and I will talk to you soon.

Michelle 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views