Dr. Lord - Pensacola Anyone?

will_be_fat_free_and_

on 2/25/10 2:11 am - Pensacola, FL
Looking for other patients with Dr. Lord in the Escambia/ Santa Rosa Counties?

ashes1985
on 2/25/10 4:10 am - Pensacola, FL

Hi, I was going to go to dr.lord but my insuance changed and said i had to go to dr. friedman. I was so much happier with Friedman that i was with Lord. Did you already have surgery with him?

will_be_fat_free_and_

on 2/25/10 4:56 am - Pensacola, FL
Hi:
Not yet my surgery is March 10, 2010. Other than Dr. Lord being a total egomaniac he seems good. Where in Pensacola are you. When was your surgery? How are you doing? Sorry for so many questions. Just getting nervous I guess!

ashes1985
on 2/25/10 6:11 am - Pensacola, FL
I had my surgery Feb 1st, So far have lost 31lbs. I'm not even going to lie it's been SO hard! I've had alot of bad days. I've already been dehydrated and had to go back to the hospital and be hooked up to fluids, but that's my fault. Other than that I'm doing pretty good. Dr.Lord was good, a little arrogant yes lol. His office strung me along for a year took my 500 dollars, they put me through stuff my insurance did not require. So after a year they sent me stuff off for approval only to find out that my insurance said no you need to go to baptist hospital. Which Lords office knew. But I'm happy it happened that way. Dr. Friedman's office is so amazing. He was trained by Dr.Lord for several years before opening his own office. I live out in Beulah, Middle of nowhere lol. What about you? Are you having Gastric bypass or Lap Band?
Sorry i wrote a book lol
will_be_fat_free_and_

on 2/25/10 9:23 pm - Pensacola, FL

I will say it has taken a year to get everything done with Dr. Lord office. But it is approved so here I go. I will be having gastric bypass. I live in Cantonment. I am gonna join Pensacourt of Nine Mile when i can really start to exercise. Where are you exercisiing? Do you work? I have my preop on Tuesday. Not looking forward to the liquid diet before because it is my sons birthday weekend and I will have family around asking me why I dont want cake.LOL

I have only told my parents so far.

Lori

Nora73
on 2/27/10 7:50 am - Pensacola, FL
 I'm in North pensacola, I am working out at Tammy's on Davis hwy.. use to be a Riviera fitness center - she just bought this one out.... I love it cause its all women - no men!  so I don't feel watched and the need to do my hair lol..

I have froze my account with them when my son had to have brain surgery, so, I'll return when doc says it's cool... my surgery is on Tuesday. We are leaving for Gainesville tomorrow morning ....
HW 372  SW 316 CW 190 7/21/11

JustLookingToo
on 2/27/10 9:49 am, edited 2/27/10 9:49 am - AL
 I LOVE< LOVE< LOVE Dr. Lord! I can't say that strongly enough. He has given me a new life. I had surgery Monday, February 15th, so I'm not very far out, but I already feel like a new person. I had a very complicated revision that not many surgeons would have been able to tackle. 

For the people who complain about jumping through all the hoops insurance wise in his office, consider yourself lucky to have a surgeon who cares enough to know how to get approval from the insurance companies. I was denied, but Dr. Lord, himself, took the time to call my insurance company to plead my case and got approval for me during that conversation. I very much appreciate the fact that he has a plan to help each and every person have the best chance at getting approved the first time.

Yes, he's extremely busy. It takes a while to get surgery with him. Remember, though, that he also does a lot of general surgery and also takes emergency cases as they come through Sacred Heart. He's a super busy man, and he's well worth waiting for. 

When I was in the hospital, he came by my room every single day, as did his nutritionist and other people who work in his office. The bariatric floor was very well run. I had to stay five days in the hospital, and I never had a single problem with any of the staff or the nurses. 

Anyway, you are in WONDERFUL hands with Dr. Lord. You can go into surgery with a sense of calm knowing that you have one of the highest rated surgeons in the US doing your surgery. His operating room is state of the art. His aftercare is great, too. I don't find him arrogant at all. I find him funny when appropriate, modest when appropriate, and above all, very caring about each patient. His main goal is to make sure that each of his patients goes on to live a long, healthy life. If any doctor lives by the words Primum non nocere (First, do no harm), it would be Dr. Lord. 

Oh, by the way, I went to my ten day follow-up yesterday and I was down 18.5 pounds as a revision patient (who normally don't lose nearly as well as first timer'), so I guess he's also pretty good at making sure his patients lose weight, too! Good luck with your surgery.
will_be_fat_free_and_

on 2/28/10 9:39 pm - Pensacola, FL
Great..thanks for the great information!

jonelle32514
on 3/6/10 2:29 pm - Pensacola, FL
Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!!!!  I didn't have surgery with Dr. Lord, but I know some people that have. 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

shellyvette
on 3/11/10 12:41 am - Pensacola, FL
Hi ladies, I'm looking into having surgery with Dr. Lord as well.  A requirement for my insurancce company is for me to complete a 6 month diet program, which I'm going through now.  Dr. Lord came highly recommended to me.  I'm interested in the Vertical Sleeve and I was told by his office that he does them but prefer not to.  So, I'm waiting to get in to see him myself and see what is real.  I'm scare of the whole rerouting of the intenstine thing and the VSG seems to be the answer for me.  I'm not sure if Dr. Friedman performs them or not, but if Dr. Lord doesn't then I may have to travel.

Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views