I'm depressed, gave letter to PCP

Marilyn A.
on 5/10/04 9:25 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Well, yesterday (05/06) I went to have my blood sugar tested. Bad news, I'm now diabetic. I'm still on the ADA diet, which is a good thing. Sugar was 146, not good. Had a sonogram on 05/05 for my liver, don't know the results of that yet. Had blood work on 05/04 to rule out hepitis A, B and C. Don't know the results of that either. Dr. Thoburns office faxed me a sample letter and Shirley told me to compose it and get my PCP to sign it, once signed fax it back to her and then (and only then) they will set up an appointment with me. I called the PCP yesterday and he had not read my letter yet. I'm to call back this morning to see if he did and if he did I can pick it up then. I'm so anxious. My PA said I now need to see a cardiologist, the diabetius on top of my high cholesterol she is concerned. What next. I dug out all my notes from my wieght loss and did a chart on excel. Dating back to 1989 the type of diet, weight starting, weight ending, diet starting, diet ending. I gave this to my PCP along with my letter. I hope this helps. Gosh I'm so anxious. Words of encourgement is what I need. And a few prayers would help too. I am not a depressed type person but if my PCP does not sign this letter I'm afraid I will be in a downward spiril of depression. Well, that's all... I'm gonna think positive and put this in God's hands. Thanks, Marilyn
ErikaL
on 5/11/04 12:41 am - JAX, FL
Marilyn, I'm sending lots of love, hugs, & prayers your way! God Bless, Erika L
Marilyn A.
on 5/11/04 12:19 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Thank you Erika: I have a feeling I'm going to need those hugs, and prayers. I'm gonna call every other day and check to see when the letter is done for me. He is so busy I just know he is gonna forget if I don't bug him. I will keep you posted. Thanks again, Marilyn
Micmomof3
on 5/11/04 12:56 am - Jacksonville, fl
Marilyn, Were you trying to let us know whats happened since this appt., because I think I already read this. I could be wrong, its been a long week for me.........lol Whats happened since you gave the PCP the letter? Michelle
Marilyn A.
on 5/11/04 12:18 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Michelle: This was my follow up apt with my PCP. I took the letter the week before and left it for the doctor to read and hopefully sign. Well, low and behold he had not even looked at it. No suprise to me that's why I made an appt. for Monday. I figured I could corner him and get him to sign it right then and there. No such luck. So I'm gonna call his office tomorrow and ask if he has the new letter (the one he want's to write) done and if I can pick it up. Hopefully he won't get upset with me calling. But I don't know what else to do. So cross your fingers for me that he gets it done either this week or next as I can't even have my appt. with the surgen until they get a letter from my PCP. Thanks, Marilyn
Micmomof3
on 5/11/04 11:46 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Hi Marilyn, Make sure you keep on him. I know you don't want to be a bother, but heck he might get busy and forget. Good Luck with everything. Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views