Employers that cover WLS?

Kate U.
on 5/10/04 10:07 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Ok, I've concluded that I can't have surgery with my current insurance provider. Luckily, I am a college student and can work wherever. Someone gave me the idea of finding a job whose insurance will cover the surgery. I will work anywhere at this point. Does anyone know anywhere which carries such insurance? Someone said Home Depot, but their post was from 2002 so I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to post here or contact me privately. I live in Southeast Florida. Thanks! Kate U
LesaPurdy
on 5/10/04 11:47 am - panama city bch, fl
kmart does for full time employees
SimplyRedHead
on 5/10/04 6:53 pm - Longwood, FL
Kate, As a former Hiring manager for a long time, I found it appropriate when candidates asked basic questions about benefits, but you dont want to appear as if you only want a job for insurance purposes. As you are interviewing for a job, ask about their benefits and find out how long until you qualify for health insurance and what company(ies) they offer. Don't probe too much beyond that during the interview, you can always call those insurance companies or go to the website to see if they cover WLS after the interview. There is nothing wrong with having a notepad with you in the interview to take some notes as you ask your questions. Keep in mind at many places you have to work full time and sometimes have to be there a certain period of time before you qualify for health benefits. Most larger retail companies like Home Depot or department stores will offer insurance, but often you must be employed full time. You may want to look on Monster.com and see what types of jobs are prevalent in your area of South Florida then go from there. Also, start telling everyone that you are looking: neighbors, friends, family, etc, they usually know of someone or someplace that may be hiring...networking can be a great way to find a job. Good luck
sherri parker
on 5/11/04 7:34 am - port richey, FL
STAY AWAY FROM WAL-MART. THEY WILL NOT AT ALL.
Ronda M.
on 5/12/04 1:49 am - Citra, FL
Cingular Wireless don't
KAT *.
on 5/16/04 12:32 am - Orlando, FL
AT&T Wireless does. You could work part time in a retail store. They are located all over. And they even pay you for 6 weeks of recovery. The only downside is they are idiots & it is a miserable place to work. But at least they paid for my surgery! And I was approved & on the table having surgery less than 60 days after submitting for approval. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views