let's get this show on the road!

jolli
on 5/9/04 1:24 am - FL
Hey everyone! Happy Mother's Day! Well this is getting really good and with a little more brainstorming we can get this show on the road! I believe that a date is till now set for June 12 and the site for this is Orlando or surroundings, let's just think about a place that is inexpensive, free is good. Maybe we can all pitch in and bring food, snacks, beverages, protein packs etc. for those who are on their way!! But not too over the border, like when we take our kids to a park for the afternoon type you know lunch bags-n-stuff!!! ;lol: I believe that an open area would be great! We can bring large market umbrellas or something of that sort. We also have to think of the timeframe. What does 12 noonish sound like? That way we can give time to those coming in from a longer distance. Anybody needs a ride from Ocala or surrounding towns? I volunteer for carpooling! Maybe that will help get more peolple involved to make this meeting happen and perhaps capture the attention of others who need support. I can't wait to be able to see eachother and be able to say thanks to you all in person!
Angie J.
on 5/9/04 2:15 am - Wauchula, FL
hey there, that is a good idea. is there something like a park with grills or something? near my house there is this bit park, pioneer park, and there is a play area and a grill area to. maybe we could all grill or something. i an in zolfo springs, hardee county. let me know the place and i will be there. thanks angie
Lexa321
on 5/9/04 7:58 am - weston, FL
sounds liek a plan.... should we make it a weekend or a one day deal?
KAT *.
on 5/9/04 1:01 pm - Orlando, FL
There is a nice park with grills, etc in Orlando - Blanchard Park. It's off of Dean (or Rouse depending on the way you go) between University Blvd & Colonial Dr. It's the park that the YMCA is located in. I've had a cookout party there a few years ago & it was nice. Just a suggestion. Or there's always my favorite place - where I can sit for hours & talk to anyone who's willing to listen - Starbucks a****erford Lakes! There's alot to do around the Waterford Lakes area. (located on Alafaya between Lake Underhill & Colonial)
Angie J.
on 5/10/04 2:52 am - Wauchula, FL
hey there, i have a question though. if we can have this cook out, what kind of food do we need to bring. i was wondering because of some being post-op, pre-op, and the ones who are not yet there. i wouldn't want to bring something to anyone's feelings. anyway, i have some saving up to do right now but hey i'm trying,lol. i don't know where anything is in orlando, so when you all get a place just let me know so i can get directions. is anyone bringing their children or is it a grown-up thing, lol? thanks angie
Linda D.
on 5/10/04 12:27 pm - Davenport, FL
Hello everyone! This is my first post. I am from Davenport, Fl. Very close to the Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center that will begin doing MGB later this week. I am interested in getting together with all of you on June 12. Please let me know where and when and I will be there. I am just starting and have a long way to go, but I am bound and determine to follow this dream to the end. I look forward to having so many new wonderful friends. Linda
ebdrup
on 5/10/04 11:30 pm - PLANT CITY, FL
Linda , There are several Threads going, about our picnic in the park. We have decided on the 12th of June. They are taking a vote on another thread. You might want to check. Look for threads about trips, voting, or by Amy Bartell, Johanna Lopez,Alexa Griffith, just a few of us. I think there is something like 13 - 14 people interested now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views