PLEASE I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JETTIE H.
on 5/8/04 3:18 pm - ST CLOUD, FL
HI MY NAME IS JETTIE AND I NEED HELP TRYING FIND A DR THAT WILL ACCEPT MEDCARE AND MEDCAID FOR THE SURGURY!PLEASE THE DRS. HAVE TOLD ME I AM GOING TO DIE WITHOUT THIS.ISN'T THERE A DR IN ORANGE COUNTY OR OSCEOLA COUNTY THAT CAN HELP!!!!!!!!
SimplyRedHead
on 5/8/04 8:40 pm - Longwood, FL
There are a few others on here that have recently been searching for doctors who take Medicaid, I went back thru the posts and found the name of the one they had been discussing. I believe he is the only one left in the state who takes it, so traveling will be necessary. Dr. Cox in Ft. Lauderdale.... 954-928-0066 Good luck
luvstarrynite
on 5/8/04 10:28 pm - daytona bch, fl
hi, hope this info helps out. Dr. Rehnke in st pete takes medicare/medicaid.....healthease, staywell and amerigroup. also Dr. Tenewitz in melbourne takes medicaid. you can get their phone numbers from the surgeon list. good luck with your journey and keep us posted. Tammy :0)
SimplyRedHead
on 5/8/04 11:07 pm - Longwood, FL
I believe Dr. Tenewicz isn't doing WLS any longer due to his high malpractice insurance. A friend from work had her surgery with him last Fall and at her last visit, he told her she needed to find someone else for her aftercare. Also, a woman in the waiting room of my surgeon said she was turned away from Tenewicz's monthly info session in March and was told he was no longer taking new patients. Just something to look into to confirm if you are considering him... Amy
kgrincewich
on 5/9/04 12:05 am - Zephyrhills, FL
Hey there! Dr. Murr in Tampa accepts Medicare. I am not sure about Medicaid. And I know that Medicare will only pay for the surgery if you have sleep apnea. Karee
SimplyRedHead
on 5/9/04 1:48 am - Longwood, FL
Someone emailed me privately and said Dr. Tenewicz is doing WLS surgery, so I apologize for the confusion. I am glad to hear this since I know others who wanted to have him do their surgery. I hate the rumor mill and it looks like I caught in it myself...ooops
Lexa321
on 5/9/04 8:08 am - weston, FL
im sorry... i live in south florida... but i wish you the best
Jason A.
on 5/9/04 10:46 pm - Melbourne, FL
Dr. Tenewitz in Melbourne does still do the surgery. BUT Medicaid does not pay his $5,000 surgeon's fee nor does it pay for the $1,000 "program" fee. It does pay for the Hospital stay, which is 3/4th's of the cost, but you will need to come up with the rest in advance. JDA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views