Getting to know each other.

ebdrup
on 5/6/04 10:51 pm - PLANT CITY, FL
I would like to meet up with anyone interested, like Johanna mentioned. I have done some checking and Melborune Fl. Is about half way between Weston Fl. ( that's Alexa Griffith) and Ocala Fl.(that's Johanna Lopez) and about the same distance from Tampa. We need to support each other and I think Johanna has a great IDEA! So far there are four of us,Johanna, Alexa,Marla and myself interested. Anyone else? I would love to talk in person. God Bless you all, Gail
Hopefilled H.
on 5/7/04 2:07 am - Central, FL
Hi Gail, I live in Kissimmee and although I am not really able to make a road trip right now, I would like to get to know others near by and develop a support system. I am 43 years old and am married. I have two wonderful daughters whom I am so proud of. My oldest was married in August and is expecting my first grand baby. My youngest is planning a wedding in October of this year. My BMI is currently 38.9 which is relatively low compared to many seaking WLS, but my weight and BMI is increasing very rapidly and has raged out of control since I quit smoking two years ago. Both my daughters live near me and I am very greatful for that and our closeness. When I look at the photo's from my daughters wedding, I almost break into tears at the sight of me. I so much had hoped that I would have the surgery and look better by the time my youngest get's married, but it seems it is not to be. I recently received my first denial from my insurance company and the main reason's were the fact that I did not have the 6 months physican supervised diet. My primary care physican is very supportive of me and is hooking me up with a dietcian and I will soon begin that process then I will appeal. I have also contacted obesitylaw for a consultation on what I should do as far as the appeal is concerned. I am unable to talk about this with anyone at my job because I work in a very judgemental, political, cut throat environment. I am a counselor in law enforcement. People here know that I am having health problems, but they just assume it is for female problems, and I don't go out of my way to correct them. The weight is creating many health problems for me. I have high blood pressure and urine inconsistance, but I have the beginning of other problems such as sleep problems, I use a sleep aid every night or I won't be able to sleep. I have trouble breathing during most activities and I just don't feel good in general. My joints hurt etc. I have worked very hard to get where I am in life and I don't want to lose it all now due to my weight or related health problems. I would like to offer my support to other people who can relate to my situation. My prayers are with you all, Hopefilled
ebdrup
on 5/7/04 9:25 am - PLANT CITY, FL
Dear Hopefilled, I sure wish you were closer. I'd be there for your back. Your place of employment sounds like where I use to work.Back then I was only 30 pounds over weight....if they could see me now. WOW! My BMI is 60 so needless to say I really need to have WLS. I have numerous health issue also. You can email me anytime. I will help anyone that needs to talk or vent. I'll keep you in my prayers. I am going to try and figure out how we can all get together somewhere to meet. Hopefully you will be able to make it. God Bless you. Gail
jolli
on 5/7/04 4:25 am - FL
Happy happy that you agree with us! Please read the postreply I added to my original "meeting" post! Let's all brainstorm! one more thing, most of us have children so let's make it a family event! Hopefilled, I hope you have succes with the diet and always keep a positive mind and think of plan B!! God Bless
Marla S.
on 5/7/04 6:49 am - Tampa-ish, FL
My Gosh Lady do I ever relate to you and your daughters wedding.. My son was married almost 2 yrs ago and I will not even look at the pictures!!! I went down this road of not looking at myself or not having pictures taken for so many years...is a shock each time I see a picture...but wait...after our surgery...we will be slim and trim and so much healthier...Bet we can't get enough of looking in mirrors and having our pictures taken!!!! Good luck, your are a grand person and don't let anyone at work say other wise!!! Marla
Shelly F.
on 5/7/04 8:55 am - St. Augustine, FL
I'd love to meet up with you all. I live north about 2 plus hours. Let me know more details. Shelly
ebdrup
on 5/7/04 9:50 am - PLANT CITY, FL
On Johanna's original posting for a meeting the date has been suggested as June 12th.I think that is my free weekend. Dose that sound good to you? Let me know, Gail
Lexa321
on 5/7/04 11:54 am - weston, FL
anyone in south florida wanna car pool?
Angie J.
on 5/7/04 3:26 pm - Wauchula, FL
hey there, i live in central florida. right in the middle, lol. i havn't had the wls yet but i am working on it. i would very much like to meet up. i am married and have 1 son, he is 10. i also have 2 stepchildren, but they live with there mom. so it is just us 3. email me and let know if there is anything i can do to help? angie
Jennifer J.
on 5/7/04 3:38 pm - Tampa, FL
add me to the list. i'd like to meet everyone too!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views