News article about my great-aunt

ErikaL
on 5/6/04 9:39 pm - JAX, FL
This happened to my great-aunt. I call her Mamaw Matt. This Mother's Day Will Be Celebrated In Intensive Care By Jennifer Brice JACKSONVILLE, FL -- A grandmother is in Shands Jacksonville recovering after a brutal beating in her home. Madeline Robitscheck's family was preparing for a big Mother's Day. It's a day that will be spent keeping vigil at the hospital. Police arrested 40 year old Carolyn Byrd. Byrd is accused of attacking the 78 year old grandmother who lives a few doors down. The grandmother says she heard a knock at the door and noticed her neighbor crouching in the bushes outside. She went to open the door. Family members say that is when the alleged attacker lunged at their mother, choked her, chewed her ears off, gouged her eyes and stabbed her. Rita Swink says her mother is recovering but the attack will affect their family for a long time. "It's like an animal attack, a wild animal attack and how mother survived I'll never know." The family of the alleged attacker, Carolyn Byrd, tells First Coast New she suffers with schizophrenia for years and didn't take her medication for 45 days. Byrd does have a history of assaults on the First Coast. We found five arrests in the last three years. She is scheduled to be formally arraigned at the end of the month. Keep her in your prayers! Erika L
Linda F.
on 5/6/04 9:46 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
Oh my God!!!! How awful. I will say a prayer for her.
ErikaL
on 5/6/04 9:51 pm - JAX, FL
Thank you Linda! Since both of my grandmothers have passed on, she means an awful lot to me!!! God Bless, Erika L
Micmomof3
on 5/6/04 11:35 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Erika, I was watching the news last night and heard this story. I was saddened listening to her daughter talk and looking at the pics of her face. I sat there in shock and all I could say was "Oh my God". I am so sorry Erika this had happened to your family and your aunt. She looks like a beautiful sweet woman. She was in my prayers last night and you and your family will continue to be. Sending my love. Michelle.
ErikaL
on 5/7/04 3:36 am - JAX, FL
Thank you Michelle! To make matters worse, her daughter Rita that they interviewed has a swollen face because of the medication she's on. She's fighting for her own life waiting for a lung transplant! I guess the only thing that kept Mamaw Matt from having a heart attack while that woman was trying to kill her, was the thought that her daughter needed her. She's a strong woman!!! God Bless, Erika L
Marcie D.
on 5/7/04 2:18 am - Tampa, FL
OH MY GO****hat is absolutely horrible!! I really cannot believe how horrible people can be. I mean come on, if she didn't take her meds for 45 days, SOMEONE should have noticed early enough and made her take them. What kind of family would ignore the signs? I am so terribly sorry she had to be victim to this crime. No human being deserves this.
ErikaL
on 5/7/04 3:40 am - JAX, FL
Thanks Marcie, She lives with a boyfriend. Her mother is caring for her children and she is SO afraid of her too. She tried to attack and bite her own mother! I just hope nobody bails her out this time!!! Erika L
jolli
on 5/7/04 4:11 am - FL
This is so horrible, like worst than a worse nightmare! What angers me the most is that this person already has had previous arrests I imagine due to the same cause, so why the bageesers is she on the street? this is just unacceptable! My extended prayers to your aunt and rest of the family. Johanna
ErikaL
on 5/7/04 4:16 am - JAX, FL
Thank you Johanna, Your prayers are much appreciated!!! God Bless, Erika L
Wildcat Lady
on 5/7/04 5:18 am - Jacksonville, FL
Erika, I am so sorry! You and your family are definately in my prayers! I saw this on the news last night too and just sat there with my jaw dropped! I couldn't believe someone could do that to another person! Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views