Looking for a VSG surgeon

shellyvette
on 2/18/10 5:19 am - Pensacola, FL
Hi everyone!

Do any of you know of a surgeon that performs the VSG close to Pensacola or Mobile area? 

Michelle
Redhaired
on 2/19/10 5:15 am - Mouseville, FL
You might want to call Dr. Lord's office.  I think he does the VSG.

USAF Wife
on 2/20/10 12:32 pm
Dr. Althar in Milton performs VSG. He was my 2nd choice for revision from band to sleeve. His office staff is awesome, very supportive and always willing to answer questions.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+p rofile+Robert+Althar+MD+hmb.html

Melissa helped me a lot when I was looking at revision surgeons. The only reason I didn't choose him is because he had never performed a band removal. He hates the band and refuses to perform the surgery.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

shellyvette
on 2/21/10 9:59 pm - Pensacola, FL

Thanks so much USAF Wife, Milton is very close.  I will check with his office.

USAF Wife
on 2/23/10 2:23 am
You betcha, the husband is stationed out of Hurlburt Field, and we live in Navarre. If you need anything, feel free to shoot me a message, and I'll be more than happy to help you out. Milton is pretty close to us so if you need a buddy or a support person, I'll be more than happy to be there for you if needed.

I really appreciated Dr. Althar's office staff, and their willingness to assist me. Plus, they were extremely honest with his skill level, and comfort level with my band complications.

I met with Dr. Lord, and was not impressed, plus his office was not very supportive. That was just my personal experience/opinion, but other people love him dearly.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

shellyvette
on 2/23/10 6:09 am - Pensacola, FL
Thank you, thank you.  I need both a buddy and a support person.  I know I will have a million questions before and after surgery.  Thank you again for stepping up to be my angel.

Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views