Did anyone have those compression sleeves on your legs during surgery?

MizCathy
on 5/5/04 6:30 am - Tallahassee, FL
Hey Post Ops, did any of you have those compression sleeves on your legs to prevent blood clots before surgery and after? Dr. Sieloff said that they would put those on your legs before surgery and probably remove them soon so that you could get up and walk. I just wanted to know if they were painful. He also said that I would be given Coumadin as a blood thinner to help to. I am doing extensive research so that I can be fully prepared. Thanks. Cathy
Lexa321
on 5/5/04 10:04 am - weston, FL
no.. just kinda like a tight sock... kinda like what diabetics wear sometimes
Shelly F.
on 5/5/04 10:50 am - St. Augustine, FL
Cathy, I had them on. They dont hurt at all. they inflat and deflat to massage your legs. They take them off when u get up to walk. Shelly
Shayna T.
on 5/5/04 11:24 am - Miami, FL
Hi Cathy, My boyfriend (who weighs 140 pounds soaking wet!) had to wear those when he had his gallbladder removed last August. It was a lap procedure, but as long as we laying down in bed, he had to wear them. They didn't cause him any irritation, he just said they made his legs kind of hot when he covered up at night. They are secured to your leg using velcro and are adjustable. His were from the bottom of his knee to the top of his foot in length, with the tubes connecting to the bottom part of the compression sleeve. His were made of a really soft material. Hope this helps! ~ T. Miami, FL
Bobp003
on 5/6/04 3:36 am - Tallahassee, FL
Cathy, They are not painful at all. You will be up on day 2 if lap surgery and even if you are in bed longer, they are not painful at all. They keep you from having leg pains in addition to no blood clots. Dr, Sieloff was my surgeon, so feel free to ask me any questions. Feel free to call me or my wife.
Luvitsunny
on 5/6/04 1:09 pm - Sunny South, FL
I had them. Just feels like a gentle leg massage. Be glad your doc uses them!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views