6 Months of Dieting

Marcie D.
on 5/5/04 1:50 am - Tampa, FL
I have heard that some of you who have gone to Dr. Murr have been asked to do a 6 month medically followed diet. I know that some insurances do require it, but I have not been asked to do this. Have any of you, after waiting forever to get in with Dr. Murr, been told to do this diet AFTER you meet with him? If that happens to me, I might croak!
Jules W.
on 5/5/04 6:17 am - Somewhere South, FL
Depending on your insurance and their requirements is the status of the diet length. Calling your insurance will move you in the right direction, but know that the program is subject to change. I know this because in Feb. 04 I was told it was 2-12 week PCP monitored diet, then I found out in March 26th that it was 1-6 month monitored program and today I found out it was 2- 6 month diets. You have to diet a whole year on my insurance plan. Either way, call your insurance and talk to a supervisor and document it. If you can get it sent in writing to you (which mine wouldn't) then you would at least be ahead of the game. That is my advice.
Brenda N.
on 5/5/04 9:02 am - Holiday, FL
MARCIE, I HAVE MEDICARE AND WAS TOLD AS OF APRIL WE HAVE TO HAVE 3-6 MONTH MEDICALLY SUPERVISED DIETS SO IT KEEPS CHANGING THATS WHY I WANT TO HURRY UP AND GET THIS SURGERY WHO KNOWS THE WAY THE INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE GOING THEY MAY CUT IT ALL OUT. YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD BE ALL FOR IT BECAUSE IN THE LONG RUN ALL THE MEDS AND INSULIN SOME OF US ARE ON COST MORE THAN THE SURGERY. IV'E BEEN ON 23 PILLS AND 2 SHOTS OF INSULIN FOR YEARS AND I BET IT WOULD ADD UP TO MORE THAN THE SURGERY. GOOD LUCK YOUR IN MY PRAYERS BRENDA
sandra A.
on 5/5/04 11:28 am - myakka city, FL
Hi Marcie, Dr. Murr is my surgeon. I suggest you call the nutritionist to whom you've been assigned. It depends on the requirements of your insurance company. I hope this helps. Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views