Let's talk!

Micmomof3
on 5/4/04 8:02 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hello everyone I am bored to death! So I figured I would make you all talk or type rather. What do you do for a living? Are you married/engaged/single? What are you looking most forward to after WLS? or If post-op, what have you done that you thought you would never do? Ok, I will go first. What do you do for a living? I work from home doing Customer Service and I am a full-time mom of 3 children. Are you married/engaged/single? Well were not married and not truely engaged, but boyfriend sounds so juvenile. Hell, we live like an old married couple. What are you looking most forward to after WLS? or If post-op, what have you done that you thought you would never do? I am just looking forward to playing with my kids rather then sitting back and watching! I really want to ride bikes with my son, or pay hide and seek with my girls. I also am looking forward to wearing shorts, which I currently don't do. Michelle
Shelly F.
on 5/4/04 8:26 am - St. Augustine, FL
Hi Michelle, I', a single mom on one 16 yr old son. I'm a cardiac nurse for about 24 yrs now. If any of you have questions I'd be glad to help if I can. I am looking forward to walking without pain in my legs. I'm looking forward to borrowing my mom's clothes. I'm looking forward to this years pictures of me and my son. I'm looking forward to shopping for clothes in the regular departments. Each day brings me closer to these and many more little goals. Shelly
Micmomof3
on 5/5/04 12:28 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hi Shelly, Nurseing is also my career of choice! I hope to register for college after the surgery. (of course thats if I am blessed enough to have surgery) Michelle
SimplyRedHead
on 5/4/04 9:06 am - Longwood, FL
*I work as a Manager with a major credit card company, love my job and my team *I am single and have been for too long, amazing... as I put the weight on, I became an introvert (which is not my nature) and never go out, hence I am never in social settings expect with family, which makes it difficult to meet men. I tell my family, the man of my dreams is going to have to knock on my front door for me to meet him these days, hopefully that will change after WLS *I want to be active again: I want to go boating, ride a bike, learn how to rollerblade, fit on a rollercoaster, go horseback riding, fly on a plane without an extender...the list is endless, but mostly I want to not have pain in my back and knees. I can no longer walk more than 5 min without my back seizing and getting out of breath, it has really put a damper on my activites and normal tasks like grocery shopping or going to the mall. Amy
Micmomof3
on 5/5/04 12:30 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hi there Amy, I know how you feel not being able to walk for more the 5mins. I hate that! I can't wait to get a NEW life started! Oh yeah and the rollercoaster thing, I am all over that. I definitly can't wait to be able to ride a roller coaster again. Michelle
ebdrup
on 5/4/04 12:05 pm - PLANT CITY, FL
I am a Sr.Accounting Clerk with a phosphate company. I have been with them for 23 years. My children are grown up themselves. I have two boys, I mean men. I am divorced 25 years, so I guess I am single. I do like it but the being alone is part of the season for the weight problem. I am looking forward to being able to walk without help. I want to be able to take my grandchildren to Disney World or just the park and not get over heat and tired. I also want to beable to take a bath in a regular bathtub. I love to swim but will not put on a swim suit or wear shorts. That would be nice. Gail
Jules W.
on 5/4/04 10:32 pm - Somewhere South, FL
I am a student, hoping to become a nurse (weight issue's) and I am married with a daughter (Had a miscarriage last Sept. at 13 weeks along). I am looking forward to being healthy and active after WLS. My daughter is so quick that I worry about how I move like a sloth when it comes to keep her getting into something that may harm herself. Surgery is also giving me a tool to help me control myself when I overindulge on those bad days. Then there is the pain issue's of my body and wanting to go through the nursing program that have control in my decission. Those are some of the reasons why I look forward to the benefits of WLS. I would also like the ability of shopping at ANY store. LOL!! When on a trip you could pack a dozen more clothing instead of the few larger one's taking up the whole suitcase! LOL!
kgrincewich
on 5/4/04 10:43 pm - Zephyrhills, FL
Hey There! Well at the moment I am a homemaker. I have been married for four years this October. We haven't been able to get pregnant since we've been married. The doctors attribute that to my weight. I do have a two year old sister that I take care of! I want to have WLS because I am afraid of what my life will be like without it. I've been on thousands of diets it seems like and none have helped. I am tired of have a very poor quality of life. I want to be able to go to a store and pick out anything I want to wear. I want to be able to sleep without a cpap machine. I want to be healthy!!
suzan W.
on 5/4/04 11:46 pm - hollywood, FL
hi michelle well i am not working now infact i have not worked in 10 years due to the fact i am overweight, i did have the surgery march 1st and have lost 55 pounds so far. I plan on going to work once i get to 200lbs, I would like to work from home as well but do not know how to go about it. I look forward to the summer this year. being in shorts and going to the beach, concerts at the parks, not being the hottest one on a bbq, really just enjoying life for a change. Good days are coming and i cant wait
Micmomof3
on 5/5/04 12:36 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hey Suzan, I work for 2 different companies from home as an Independent contractor. One of the companies kinda sucks, but the other is great! You work your own hours and everything. Let me know if your interested, I will email you what I know about the companies. Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views