Tough Decision

Kathy S.
on 5/2/04 9:47 am - Port Orange, FL
Friends, The more I read on here, the more it strengthens my conviction to NOT have the surgery. My second thoughts have turned to "I'm not doing it." Ironically I got the phone call on Thursday with a date for surgery... July 12th. Since I have decided not to go through with the surgery, I've become more commited to going to the gym and watching portions. I refuse to give up the foods I like (with exceptions of course... fried foods, etc...) I researched this surgery for over a year. I work with someone who has had it done.. she's loving the results, she has had absolutely no problems at all. But I keep thinking how everything in life is 50/50. Do I like those odds? No. I haven't told the doctor yet, or the nutritionist, or even my coworkers and boss. The only person I have told in my personal life is my husband. I will tell the dr and nutritionist and my boss after my sleep study is done because I really want the sleep study anyway and it's only 2 weeks away. I vaguely mentioned to the surgeon at our meeting that I may just change my mind if I lose weight pre-op. His answer to that? He would consider me a success! He will probably understand more than anyone about this. I've lost 10lbs since he and I met. I want to thank everyone here and all the neat friends I have made on here and at the support meetings. Without you guys I would not have learned so much. I plan on posting one more entry into my profile later this evening, then I have made another rather tough decision. I will not come back to OH.com. I am "walking away" from the whole surgery thing. My last entry into my profile will explain in detail. Good luck to everyone... may you be blessed with health and quick recoveries and may you become the person you finally deserve to be. Love to all... Kathy~
SimplyRedHead
on 5/2/04 10:21 am - Longwood, FL
Kathy, I commend you on making your decision and keeping your commitment to working towards a healthier life. I wish you lots of luck! Amy
Shayna T.
on 5/3/04 12:05 am - Miami, FL
This sight isn't just for WLS candidates, the name of this site is actually Association for Morbid Obesity Support (AMOS). Come back and check in so we can celebrate your weight loss/exercise successes with you! Everyone needs support to lose weight, no matter what method they chose, I hope you will find your way back here if you need support. It doesn't matter how any of us achieve our healthy lifestyle, whether through surgery or diet, or a combination of both... every pound loss is a step closer to a better, longer, healthier life and should be celebrated! Congratulations on making a decision about your healthy future. ~ T.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views