Was I wrong?, and does anyone else feel this way?.

Patsy B.
on 5/2/04 1:12 am - Oldsmar, FL
I'm 5 weeks post -Op, lost 42 pounds and feel like H---., every thing I eat comes back up, I stay nauseaed all the time, my energy level is about zero. Taking the multiple vitamins, B12 shots and pills, not able to take any kind of power or liquid proteins because it comes back up also. I feel like I might have been wrong to have this surgery, I also feel like I'm starving to death, I can't stomach anymore baby food, pureed food, I see my family eat all the foods I love and it makes it even harder. I researched this surgery for several months and felt like I would have no problem with it, but atlas, I was wrong. I'm afraid I'm going to loose my hair because I can't take protein in liquid or power form, Is there any protein in pill form I can take?.When can I start eating regular food again, I'm so hungary I could just cry. Please let me know if any of you has felt this way and what you did to get through this period. Thanks, Pat
TIFFINI T.
on 5/2/04 6:23 am - TAMPA, FL
I know how you feel, i am 10 months post-op and EVERYTHING you have i stiii have 10 months later. yes i have lost almost 200 poiunds...but i was healther at 340 pounds. I cant lift anything, i am so weak, i feel terrible. i cant handle any food, or like u the vitamins come right up... My advice is this, they said its cause my small bowel keeps getting wrapped up due to adhesions, have your doc check that out. ive had 2 surgeries since for that...good luck Tiffini
Shelly F.
on 5/2/04 6:23 am - St. Augustine, FL
Patsy your not alone in a few things. I Have been nauseated and vomiting for almost 2 weeks. Got so dehydrated I went to the ER for some IV fluids. The surgeon doesn't think it has anything to do with the surgery. His comment was I was overeating. Ha I am puking liquids up even water. I have no desire to eat.I'm not hungry. I constant spit up white frothy mucus. Ya I have a spit cup whereever I go. During weeks 4 and 5 I was tolerating most of my water,my protein shakes,and soft veggies like potato and asparagas. What the H.... happens????? I think there is a strong possibility that I have developed a stricture. I am going to request that this be ruled out. It's so depressing to be told your over eating when it takes 3 hrs to drink a protein shake. If this is a phase someone please tell me. Thanks Shelly
Patricia S.
on 5/2/04 8:33 am - Live Oak, FL
I also felt the same way that you do. I felt at one time that God had put everything in my stomach the way he wanted it and I decided to change it and had a tough time with my decision. At 5 weeks I was going through the same thing that you are. I kept calling the Doctor's Office and they told me that it was to early to worry about a stricture. I was throwing up everything also, vitamins, water, everything. As soon as I would take a bite of something it wouldn't even have time to go down and it was back up. I put up with it as long as I could. Weak, boy I know that you understand, I couldn't even go to Walmart. One Sunday I tried, I never gave up, to go shopping. I had to sit down as soon as I got in the store. When I came out I told my sister and Mom that I was going to the hospital. They had tried to get me to go for 5 days prior. They admitted me and gave me fluids due to dehydration. The next day I had an endoscopy and sure enough I had 2 strictures. They opened them up and I was fine for about 2 weeks and the same thing happened again. The one that keeps closing is the one where my intestines attach to my new pouch. I have to go back in 3 weeks for another one, hopefully it will be healed, if it hasn't the DDigestive Doctor said we will do this procedure every few weeks for a couple of months and if that doesn't work then I will have to have a surgery again. Not knowing what "Surgery" he means just hoping for the best. You need to find out if you have strictures before you go to questioning if you did the right thing. In the long run you will feel so much better. I have only lost about 56 pounds since the 23 of February, but when I returned to work I felt so much better. Good Luck to you...Merita
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views