Anyone Know Where To Get Free Protien Samples?

MzDiane
on 2/10/10 10:23 pm - Apopka, FL
Hello to everyone.  This is my first time posting a question and I had heard that you can get free samples of protien and various vitamins but I have no clue as to where to check to find them.  I went to GNC yesterday and checked on the prices of Biotin & the the Protien shots (42 grams) and they are ASTRONOMICALLY high in price!  To get a box of 12 shots is close to $40.  I am on such a tight budget and have stretched that all might dollar as far as it can go.  Any suggestions would be so much appreciated. 
Thanks!!

300 lb HW / 289 lbs Pre-op /281 lbs Day Of Surgery       
maris_38
on 2/10/10 11:59 pm - Orlando, FL
Not sure where you can get free samples, but GNC and the Vitamin Shoppe do carry 'sample size' sachets and stuff. You do have to hunt for them though.

Online you can buy sample packs from Netrition.com or Bariatric Advantage.  Be careful though, because they sell to body builders the protein isn't always whey protein isolate (which is best for us).  You want to avoid casein and collagen protein as we don't digest it properly.

My surgeon's office did (and still does) offer free samples of Unjury and occasionally other protein powders/drinks as well.  So it might be worth it checking with your surgeon.
Susan G.
on 2/11/10 2:08 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Get a perscription from your Dr for the B-12 shots.  They are only about $8.oo at a discount drug store for 10 month supply   and the needles are 25 cents each.  I take Biotin 5000 and but it at Wal-Mart for about $8.00 a bottle.  I also get all my vitamins there.  I use Centrum Silver but buy the Wal-Mart brand which my DR says is fine.  I'm almost 2 years out and all my labs are perfect.  So, you can use regular brands and be fine.   I also get my Calcium Citrate there.

Good Luck.

Susan G.
MzDiane
on 2/12/10 2:13 am - Apopka, FL
Thanks girl's...I appreciate the help.  Have a super day!!
mandajolyn
on 3/22/10 9:25 am - Tallahassee, FL
If you go to bariatricvitamins.com or celebratevitamins.com or buildingblocksvitamins.com and email them asking for samples and include your address, they will send you a variety of vitamins and other samples. As for protien samples, I've not seen any that are free, but vitalady.com sells then for just under $2
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

MzDiane
on 3/23/10 3:06 am - Apopka, FL
Thanks so much for your reply to my post.  I will hit those sites today!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views