Disney World & WLS Menu Items

tripletdad7
on 2/11/10 3:33 am

I am taking my family to WDW next month.  I am a few months out from RNY surgery and still can't eat much.  Will WDW sell me foods off the kiddie menu if I show my WLS card?  Any recommendations for what to do and not do?

Thx,

IGDiva
on 2/11/10 12:38 pm - Orlando, FL
 I am going to Epcot on Saturday, I do not have a WLS Surgery card, where do I get one?  But I am going to ask about ordering off the kiddie menu and will let you know.
Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
emjayel56
on 2/11/10 8:06 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL

I am sure they will if you show your card but even if they don't you can always order an appetizer or share a meal with a family member.  Enjoy the trip!!  Good luck

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

GIRLIEGODDESS
on 2/12/10 12:11 am, edited 2/12/10 12:16 am
you should be able to get one from the surgeon's office.  otherwise there is a post from Ms.Shell on the VSG board from a week or 2 ago that has a link about vitamins, etc and it has a card you can print out.

here's a link to the one OH has.....it looks just like mine.....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/RestaurantCard.html
HW-347, SW-332, GW-209         

IGDiva
on 2/12/10 1:58 am - Orlando, FL
Thanks, I printed it out and will see if they honor it tomorrow.  :)  How the heck are you doing? you never call you never write ;)
Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
Alan W.
on 2/12/10 7:27 am - Macon, GA
I had lap band surgery 4 months ago.  I don't know about WDW, but I have used my card in restaurants around my home town.  Sometimes they let me order off the kiddie menu.  Sometimes they let me have the Senior menu. And still others, it does not work at all.
tripletdad7
on 2/12/10 9:47 pm
Thank you everyone for your responses. 
hillernj
on 2/13/10 12:57 am - Buffalo
The Wife and I took our daughter to WDW 8 weeks after my RNY,  she also had RNY so we usiually split a meal, they were real good about just giving us the burger and no bun and the couple times where i did go order just for us, there was never an issue with just buying a kids meal.  the only place that has given me any sort of problem and refused to serve me a kids meal was Quaker Steak and Lube... said with or without a card you have to be under 12 to get a kids meal, kinda hard to play the i look older than i am card when i'm @ the bar with a vodka tea

garnet408
on 2/17/10 8:48 pm - Tampa , FL
I had heard about this Card..thanks for the website info..
.will definitely use it...
thanks again..

Anna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr