Surgical Group Of Gainesville

ErikaL
on 4/29/04 11:15 pm - JAX, FL
The surgeons there used to accept medicaid, but don't anymore. It says that they do on their website because they accept it for general surgery, but not WLS. The hunt continues! Erika L
SimplyRedHead
on 4/30/04 12:02 am - Longwood, FL
Erika, Maybe you have already done this, but in case you haven't... Go to the Medicare website and do a physician search for general surgery by area (state, city, zip, etc) then compare those physicians listed on that website to the ones listed on here by location (just pull up two different windows at the same time). I just looked quickly for you and found two in Jax, Miguel Cubano and Hosein Yasrebi on both. I was looking randomly, I'm sure there are more in Jax, Gainesville, Lake City, etc. I would think that Medicare's listing of surgeons would be the most current, then you can call the surgeon's office to get more details rather than just calling all around randomly. I know there are lots of surgeons with info on here that is outdated. Hope that helps, Amy
ErikaL
on 4/30/04 12:12 am - JAX, FL
Thanks Amy! Unfortunately they accept Medicare, but not Medicaid. Erika L
ErikaL
on 4/30/04 2:18 am - JAX, FL
I guess we'll have to go with Dr. Cox in Ft. lauderdale. Oh well, I hate that we have to travel that far! Erika L
Micmomof3
on 4/30/04 2:48 am - Jacksonville, fl
I totally agree! That is mighty far which is why I started looking for another surgeon again anyway. If all else fails though, I will travel! It's just going to cost more money to travel that far away from home. For me anyway. I think you have to stay their (Dr. Cox,Ft. Lauderdale that is) for atleast 2wks after surgery. Since I don't know anyone their thats going to be another out-of-pocket expense for a hotel for that time. On a postive note, knowing all this in advance gives me time to save! Michelle
Micmomof3
on 4/30/04 2:36 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hey Erika, I have also had no luck finding any one closer that takes Medicaid/Medipass. I am going to continue to call, but I did this before and it looked bleak. Michelle
SimplyRedHead
on 4/30/04 5:10 am - Longwood, FL
Michelle and Erika, Sounds like you two should take a roadtrip together to Lauderdale since you are both in Jax and facing the same troubles. Heck, if you could get your surgeries scheduled within a couple days of each other, you could share the cost of the hotel/motel too. There are lots of vacation rentals in that area, you might be able to find one that is more reasonable in cost than a hotel/motel. I know that's kinda far fetched but it could be an option. My best friend and I are hoping we can have our surgeries at the same time too but we're going to Ocala to Dr. Overcash. Hey Erika, Sorry about the message earlier, my bad. And here I thought I was helping you out. All this Medicare, -aid, -pass stuff is greek to me. Sorry
ErikaL
on 4/30/04 8:22 am - JAX, FL
Amy, That's a great idea! No apology necessary, you're the best!!! Erika L
Micmomof3
on 5/2/04 11:50 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hi Thanx for the idea! Although my fiance will be traveling with me to Ft. Lauderdale for my initial testing/info session/consultation. Once and If am approved for surgery my whole family will be there for the first few days and my children will be with me the whole time in the hotel. I am sure Erika doesn't want to share a hotel w/ myself and children........lol Talk about a full room! Michelle
sharein_angel
on 4/30/04 12:48 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
I emailed another lady that was in my area that had Medicaid and needed to go to Dr. Rosenthal in Weston, also.(second choice was Dr. Cox) It's a little over 4 hour drive one way for us. Anyway we worked it out and called the clinic and they are letting us come together and do seminar, see the doc and nutricianist the same time. Our appts are Tuesday (May 4th) so we are leaving Monday afternoon at 3:00 and will return Tuesday after the nutrician class is done about 2:00-3:00. We are sharing gas expense and hotel. Gas maybe about $50 total and hotel is $72 with tax(Amerisuites). They have free shuttle to clinic, also. So total will cost us each about $60 plus food. We are both single moms and becomming good friends! We email or chat on the phone about getting all our testing done. I'm glad to have found someone else that's going to the same place and having WLS. We are hoping on getting our surgeries dates the same or a day apart. We will each be bringing a family member or friend along besides. Didn't think we would be able to help each other much...LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views