On the hunt.

Micmomof3
on 4/29/04 2:56 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hello everyone, Well, I am once again on the hunt for another surgeon. I only want to use Dr. Cox as a last resort. He is just so far away from my home! It would be a hassle for my family to be there for me when I have surgery. Although, I do like Dr. Cox and his staff they are just to far for me. I don't even know anyone in that area. I am going to be calling surgeons again. If anyone knows of a surgeon that accepts Medipass in N. Florida somewhere please let me know. Oh yeah, also if anyone knows of a good PCP in Jacksonville, Fl that is wls friendly let me know that as well. I meet with my new pcp next week, but just in case I would like to have the name of another pcp. Thanx guys! Michelle
nannasjoys
on 4/29/04 5:37 am - St. Augustine, FL
Hi Michelle, Try Dr. Sarantos in Gainseville, I think he does. I like him.
Micmomof3
on 4/29/04 8:34 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hey Tina, You know everytime I call their office they tell me no medicaid, or any form of it. I called again today and they said the same thing. Hmm. Thanx anyway! Michelle
~Kim~ J.
on 4/29/04 8:19 am - Trinity, FL
Hey Michelle, I had to change my Medipass to one of the Medicaid HMO'S. I chose Staywell and it goes into effect May 1st. The surgeon I chose did not accept Medipass but does however acccept 4 of the Medicaid HMO's. Which are Amerigroup, St Augustine, Healthease & Staywell. I would call aorund to Bariatric Surgeons in your area and ask if they take any Medicaid HMO's. If you have a doctor in mind already ask his Office Manager about Medicaid HMO's. I found that some do not accept Medipass but other Medicaid HMO's. Best of luck to you hun **hugs** Kel
Micmomof3
on 4/29/04 8:34 am - Jacksonville, fl
Kel, That's a great idea! I think I will do that, maybe I will have more luck then. Michelle
ErikaL
on 4/29/04 9:46 am - JAX, FL
Michelle, I just sent emails to a couple of surgeons. I asked about Medipass and the Medicaid HMO's. I'll let you know if they respond. Erika
Micmomof3
on 4/29/04 11:03 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Erika, Good deal! I am also making some calls and will post what I find out. Thanx everyone for all the help. Michelle
ErikaL
on 4/30/04 2:21 am - JAX, FL
Michelle, No Luck! I guess we'll have to use Dr. Cox? Erika
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr