Tell me about BC/BS

Marla S.
on 4/26/04 9:16 am - Tampa-ish, FL
If anyone can write me the letter, please let me know. I will speak with my son-in-law,the lawyer, perhaps he can do something for us. Marla
jlgeroni
on 4/26/04 12:32 pm - Port Richey, FL
There actually is a petition circulating already. If you want to sign it, here's a link to a post that has the link for the petition. Since we're not technically allowed to post outside links, I'm stickin' to the letter of the law here! http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/messageboard/postdetail/311854.html?vc=0
jlgeroni
on 4/26/04 12:37 pm - Port Richey, FL
I should have added...I don't believe this is BCBS specific, just spurred by their actions. I believe it's a petition to have WLS coverage mandated in Florida. So, in addition to that, you should go ahead with the letters to everyone who will listen about BCBS, also. Janice
Marla S.
on 4/26/04 1:28 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
Janice, I just signed the petition. Also made a copy. Will be seeing my son-in-law tomorrow. If I smile real pretty at him, he will write us a letter. If he doesn"t I wont keep the grandkids next time he wants a night out with his lovely wife, my daughter! Gee, I must make a joke out of things in this life or it would be soooo boring! Marla
jlgeroni
on 4/27/04 4:36 am - Port Richey, FL
Hey Marla, With a threat like that, he'll have to write it! If he does, can you post it or email it to me? I'm also an attorney, and pretty good at writing letters myself. Plus, I may have the added advantage that I'm living the issue. Although you don't have to be obese to write such a letter, it can't hurt to have a personal understanding of the issues. Anyway, I'm going to start drafting a letter myself, but two heads are always better than one as they say, and maybe each of us will think of something the other doesn't. Janice
Marla S.
on 4/27/04 6:17 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Janice, Email me direct. [email protected]. Attempted to email you, no workie. I will have to pull s-i-l down from sky, he is lawyer for the kids that were killed couple weeks ago by hit and run driver in Tampa. He and my daughter have been spending mucho time working with the family. The 8 yr old was in same grade as my gson, same school. So my daughter knows the family well. Daughter is very active in school PTA and etc. This has been a very sad thing. Marla
Luvitsunny
on 4/27/04 11:55 am - Sunny South, FL
It's terrible about BCBS discontinuing coverage of WLS. A greater fear is if other insurances follow with the same decision.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views