Tell me about BC/BS

Marla S.
on 4/25/04 8:42 am - Tampa-ish, FL
I have been reading past posts. What is this about BCBS PPO not covering WLS after 1/5/05? I have aprox a month before all my diet, psy tx is completed. Dr Murr is my surgon. Have been working on this over a year, they can't do this to us! Marla
nurserae
on 4/25/04 8:56 am - Jacksonville, FL
Marla, They can and did! I have BC/BS and I had been in the middle of trying to get approval when I recieved the letter, I thought I was going to cry. Then I read it and it said 1-5-05. Within 2 weeks I had my approval. You should be fine, you have 7 months left. Rachel -55
Marla S.
on 4/25/04 11:28 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Rachel, I have not received a letter from BCBS. Wonder why? Marla
BullDog Lady
on 4/25/04 9:02 am - Somewhere GREAT!
I too also have BCBS of Fl PPO. There are exclusing WLS as of 01/05. I too am almosr 2 months away from starting my psych paper work and finshing my 6months supervised diet. If you are that close you need to jump on it. I am trying to get it done ASAP! BECKY
kgrincewich
on 4/25/04 9:35 am - Zephyrhills, FL
Marla!! Where the heck have you been??? I haven't heard from you in forever!! At the last support group meeting Martha said that was the "word on the street" about BCBS. However she also said that the same rumor went around last year and the year before. So they're just waiting to see what the new contracts actually say at the end of the year. Don't forget there's a support group meeting on May 13th!! Karee
Marla S.
on 4/25/04 11:26 am - Tampa-ish, FL
I have been layed up with bum knee. Was not able to walk for 2 months. Some better...good days bad days.... I plan to attend the group meeting. Had same plan last one, but could not drive! Been in therapy, so doing better. Karee, how are you! Let me know how it's going for you. Marla
BarbieCarroll
on 4/25/04 12:45 pm - Norcross, GA
Unfortunately, it is true. Not another rumor. My company has BCBS and we have already received our official notice that wls will not be covered next year. We need to form a grass roots effort to lobby our state legislators to stop ins companies from denying healthcare that will save lives. Call, write and visit your legislators and tell them a) get out of bed with the insurance companies! and b) force ins companies to pay for life saving measures. Good luck on your approval - but keep moving with it! Barbie 1-21-04 281/232/150ish
Molly C.
on 4/25/04 1:28 pm - GA
Hi Barbie, Yes, we need to organize something and write and contact congress and try to help put a stop to insurance companies from not covering weight loss surgery. Come on, let's start a telephone, email, lettering writing campaign. My email address is [email protected] if anyone wants to organize a campaign to stop this nonsense... Hopefully my approval will come this week. I checked with BC BS of FL on Friday afternoon, they said they needed my records of a six month medically supervised weight loss program. Yes, this had gone in with my other paper work, but I will fax this to them again in the morning. Hopefully I will be approved soon. Please everyone out there, say a prayer I get approval soon...This effort goes on for so long, everyone's anxiety level gets high.... God Bless. Molly
Marla S.
on 4/26/04 2:31 am - Tampa-ish, FL
Hi Folks, I spoke with BC/BS this AM. They knew nothing about the letter! Referred me to Tally # that governs all insurances for state employees, and they knew nothing! Referred me back to BC/BS and to speak with a manager. The old run around! Tally office did tell me if members could get together and write letters to insurance company and those lovely folks that change our laws, we might get something done. I also spoke to her in reference to OB/GYN yearly pap test and all the other things us retired folks loose once we are retired. She suggested the same, letters, phone calls and just beat the bushes all we can. Ok, who is good at writing letters? Sad to say, I am not. If some one would write the letters, post them here and we could all copy and send. Molly, how about you? Are you good at letters? Marla
BullDog Lady
on 4/26/04 6:48 am - Somewhere GREAT!
Well sad to say I am not either.....But if someone can make the letter I have plenty of people I can pass it own to and have them send it in!! We can't let them dso this to us and if we dont take a stand now.....there will be a dominoe of other states to follow. Let me know! Becky
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views