MOVING TO FLORDIA

JENNY
on 4/22/04 8:33 am - WARREN, MI
I WILL BE MOVING TO PORT CHARLOTTE ON MAY 5 AND I NEED TO FIND A SUPPORT MEETING IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF NOT I WILL START ONE IN THE AREA.I HAD MY SURGERY ON 7/18/02 AND SO FAR I HAVE LOST 365 POUNDS THANKS TO ALL GOD BLESS JENNY
melindainfla
on 4/22/04 9:57 am - pinellas county, fl
Jenny, omg!!!! what fab weight loss!!!! i am in largo. welcome to florida!!! melinda lap rny 10/17/03 -95lbs
Lexa321
on 4/22/04 11:09 am - weston, FL
congrulations on your weight loss... you look WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! welcome to florida and welcome to the boards
sharein_angel
on 4/22/04 12:43 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
WOW...that is really a great weight loss! You'll find a support group there I'm sure. WELCOME !! I'll be in Charlotte Harbor this weekend to visit my mom. I'm originally from Wisconsin...your going to LOVE Florida! I've been here seven years now.
Angie J.
on 4/22/04 2:06 pm - Wauchula, FL
hey, welcome to florida!! i live in hardee county, not to far away. i don't know of any support groups though, if you find one let me know so that i can go. have fun in florida.
PTSloan
on 4/22/04 9:50 pm - Lake City, FL
Jenny, There is a support group that meets at Morton Plant Hospita in Clearwater, Fl every 2nd Saturday from 10:00am-12:00pm. They also meet the fourth Wed. of every month in the evening. The group is called Bypass Buddies. Before I moved I was a regular there. They are great people. For more info. you can go to www.drhaicken.com and click on the menu to the left and it will lead you to the times and days the group meets. Welcome to Florida. Good Luck, Beth
sandra A.
on 4/23/04 12:37 am - myakka city, FL
Hi Jenny, I'm so glad you're moving down here. You won't have to shovel snow or hibernate in the winter. I'm from Sarasota, which is North of you. I,too would like a local support group, but so far I think I'm the only person in town who is fat. My surgery hasn't been done yet, but I-m waiting for a date. I can't wait. Please keep in touch with me. Hugs, Sandy
neil
on 4/26/04 6:41 am - Homestead, FL
Hey Jenny remember me its Neil im glade to see you move to sunny Florida, me myself im thinking of moveing to central or north florida too manny people here getting to conjested down south. I live in Homestead and this place is growning too fast all the farm lands are getting bought up and turned into houseing developments.
angela B.
on 4/26/04 9:28 am - punta gorda, fl
Hi and welcome to florida. I do believe there is a support group in Port Charlotte. Check at St Joseph's Hospital. Last year when i was trying to get the surgery done a nurse in my PCP office told me there was a support group there. I live in ***** gorda.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views